Data Engineer II
21 days ago
Who We Are
2K is headquartered in Novato, California and is a wholly owned label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO). Founded in 2005, 2K Games is a global video game company, publishing titles developed by some of the most influential game development studios in the world. Our studios responsible for developing 2K’s portfolio of world-class games across multiple platforms, include Visual Concepts, Firaxis, Hangar 13, CatDaddy, Cloud Chamber, 31st Union, and HB Studios. Our portfolio of titles is expanding due to our global strategic plan, building and acquiring exciting studios whose content continues to inspire all of us! 2K publishes titles in today’s most popular gaming genres, including sports, shooters, action, role-playing, strategy, casual, and family entertainment.
Our team of engineers, marketers, artists, writers, data scientists, producers, thinkers and doers, are the professional publishing stewards of our growing library of critically-acclaimed franchises such as NBA 2K, 2K PGA, Battleborn, BioShock, Borderlands, The Quarry, The Darkness, Mafia, Sid Meier’s Civilization, Marvel’s Midnight Suns, WWE 2K, and XCOM.
At 2K, we pride ourselves on creating an inclusive work environment, which means encouraging our teams to Come as You Are and do your best work! We encourage ALL applicants to explore our global positions, even if they don’t meet every requirement for the role. If you're interested in the job and think you have what it takes to work at 2K, we encourage you to apply!
What We Need
Data is the lifeblood of everything we do. We are a data-driven organization providing data products and insights throughout the 2K organization and related companies. We work directly with a wide variety of partners, from executive management to studio heads to analysts. We also partner in providing data to our players in the form of campaigns, promotions, and machine learning-based data products and recommendations.
What You Will Do
- You will work in the capacity of a Data Engineer focusing on the data deliverables for Business and Studio Ingesting third-party data into our data lake and warehouse.
- You will work with different vendor APIs and services. Working with vendor partners to understand the data they are providing, and document the data sets, lineage, and flows.
- Designing and building data models to support Data Science, Business Intelligence, and downstream data sets. Building APIs and data products to better integrate data throughout our systems and processes. Monitoring the data pipelines and communicating any issues to leadership and partners.
- Working closely with business partners and developers to ensure proper requirements are documented and agreed to for our different initiatives. Partnering with developers and leadership to coordinate cross-function and cross-team efforts
What Will Make You a Great Fit
- 3+ years of professional experience as a Data Engineer in a fast-paced environment. An expert developer using SQL and SQL-like query languages
- Have a strong understanding of different data modeling methodologies (Kimball, Inmon, Data Vault). You understand when to apply the correct techniques to solve different problems on different technologies in our stack.
- Have deep expertise in Python and have experience organizing Python-based projects. You've built software services and APIs using Python frameworks such as Flask.
- Experience with both proprietary and open-source big data technologies and platforms (Snowflake, Vertica, Hive, Spark, Presto, Airflow).
- Worked in a cloud environment (AWS, Azure, GCP).
- Experience defining and crafting automated unit and integration testing frameworks for data projects.
- Functional understanding of different privacy and compliance practices around data (GDPR, CCPA).
- Excellent collaborator by tailoring your communication for different audiences and ensuring effective communication between developers, partners, and leadership.
- Video game and/or entertainment and media industries
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to ensuring that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform their essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us if you need reasonable accommodation.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com accounts.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.