Data Engineer III - Wild Rift
2 months ago
Riot's Data Engineers build tools to understand and improve the experience of our players worldwide using petabytes of data and state-of-the-art processing technology. Handling the potential these data offer is a tremendous and complex task. As we continue delivering and scaling content to passionate players, our discipline has challenges and opportunities centered on building data products that support our growth.
As a Data Engineer on the Wild Rift Data team, you will shape the data architecture and systems that help provide an amazing Wild Rift experience to millions of players around the world. You will work on many different projects with many different teams on Wild Rift, from improving game design with our in game team to helping improve matchmaking with the around game team. Wild Rift is just beginning it's journey, it will be your mission to make sure we understand the player experience through data and use that data to make it better! You will report directly to the Engineering Manager on the Wild Rift Data team.
- You will partner with researchers, analysts, and advisers to ensure the time they spend transforming data to answer their questions are minimal.
- You will transform raw data to datasets that end-users can easily query.
- You will work with the data scientists and engineers on your team to ship data powered products to players.
- You will lead and advocate for best practices and identify opportunities for the team to improve the sustainability of our portfolio.
- 6+ years of experience as a data engineer
- 6+ years of programming experience in SQL and Python or Java.
- 6+ years of experience developing data pipelines and data modeling.
- 3+ years of experience with cloud service providers (AWS, GCP).
- 3+ years of experience working directly with end data users and meeting their requirements.
- 3+ years of experience leading the technical direction of your projects.
- Proficiency in data structures and algorithms.
- Experience developing an enterprise data warehouse spanning across multiple teams.
- Experience working collaboratively in a team environment.
- Experience mentoring others.
- Experience with Databricks, Spark, Airflow, Terraform, or Ansible.
- Fluency in Mandarin.
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).