This job might no longer be available.
Data Engineer I
Hyderabad Telangana India
7 days ago
Data Engineer - EADP Central Engineering
We Are EA
We’re EA—the world’s largest video game publisher. You’re probably familiar with many of our titles—Madden, FIFA, Apex Legends, The Sims, Need for Speed, Dead Space, Battlefield and Star Wars, to name a few. But maybe you don’t know how we’re committed to creating games for every platform—from social to mobile to console —to give our players that anytime, anywhere access they demand. What does that mean for you? It means more opportunities to unleash your computing genius.
EA’s Digital Platform (EADP) organization is responsible for driving critical technology decisions and investments for EA on a global scale, across all divisions and studio teams. Technology and engineering leadership at EA is critical to making the industry’s best games & services and the EADP team is leading the way to providing cross-platform services that will keep our consumers connected with our games anytime, anywhere with anyone.
EA Hyderabad is seeking a Data Engineer with a love for data. You will be responsible for planning, building and deploying Enterprise Integration and Business Intelligence solutions for EA. The Data Engineer will be a subject matter expert in building data integration solutions using modern ETL technologies. You will be leveraging cutting edge tools & technologies to store, analyse petabytes of data and solve complex business problems. You will collaborate with product, business and engineering teams to build & deliver the most optimal solution.
- Analyse and Organise raw data
- Build data systems & pipelines by combining data from various sources
- Analyse data issues and find innovative solutions to improve data quality and reliability
- Work with the product, business and engineering teams to Identify new opportunities for data acquisition
- Build analytical tools and programs to empower the business teams make decisions based on data
- Collaborate with data scientists and architects across teams serve their data needs
- Evangelise and Influence to make data a first class citizen with every person/team/group you get in touch with
Must Have Skills
- 2+ years of experience in design, development and management of data systems such as data warehouse, data lakes and distributed storage systems using latest technologies
- Prior experience and knowledge in scaling data systems to handle exponential data loads and multiple petabytes of content
- Excellent command over querying and analysing data using various query languages native to the storage system (e.g., SQL CQL, MQL, Hive, etc.)
- Good understanding of SQL and NoSQL database concepts & applications, data modelling techniques (3NF, Dimensional)
- Proven experience in tuning databases and queries for optimal performance
- Experience in programming languages used in data systems - Python or R or Java
- Experience in ingesting data from various sources in formats such as JSON, XML, CSV, etc.
- Experience working in a distributed computing environment such AWS, Hosted Data Infrastructure and Platforms
- Experience in working in a fast paced environment using agile methodologies. Prior experience in using tools such as Gitlab, JIRA, Confluence, etc.
- Bachelor Degree required – CS or equivalent experience preferred
- Excellent troubleshooting skills in a distributed computing environment
- Ability to communicate ideas clearly and effectively and influence others
- Building Statistical models and Machine Learning Algorithms
- Real-time data acquisition & processing frameworks (e.g., Apache Storm, Apache NiFi, Apache Spark)
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like Global fitness program, Sodexo (Food Coupons), Parental Insurance & Medical, Accident & life insurance and since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the “work hard/play hard” credo every day.
Don’t Just Play It – Create It!