Data Engineer - Frostbite
21 days ago
Frostbite Data Engineer
Frostbite is EA’s state-of-the-art multi-platform game development engine. Our global team empowers game creators to shape the future of gaming by developing creative engine features and outstanding tools. We are honored to have thousands of game developers all over the world using Frostbite to create some of the most amazing games and player experiences in the industry.
Come join the Frostbite Analytics team to work directly on the game creation data platform of the Frostbite engine. You’ll report to Frostbite’s Product Manager for Analytics. We develop the systems that allow us to see how game makers across EA are building games and bring insights to the product team to improve these experiences. As a Data Engineer, you'll help us capture telemetry, shape data through our data pipelines, and partner with analysts to produce actionable insights. Join us in making Frostbite even easier for our EA game creators to bring their creative ideas to life with intuitive and efficient workflows.
- Manage all data generated from Frostbite content tools, and data pipelines to ensure quality and security of data
- Gather requirements, design, build, document, and test data storage system updates to support new features released in the Frostbite engine
- Design, build, and launch efficient, scalable and reliable data pipelines to move and transform data
- Improve data storage, pipeline and access performance to meet data analyst requirements
- Manage data storage strategy to balance costs based on data access and growth needs.
- Contribute to telemetry standards using industry best practices applied to game development
- Implement foundational layers of standardized telemetry into content tools and onboarding product owners to implement and follow new standards
- Publishing data catalogs for development team to see and use latest capabilities
- Pioneer and innovate by keeping up with latest industry trends and applying them to our team
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or equivalent field
- 2+ years experience in data modeling, ETL processes, and data warehousing
- 2+ years experience building data pipelines using MSFT database technologies, using Azure tools and services (Azure Data Factory, Azure Databricks, Azure Blob, Azure SQL )
- Proficiency in SQL and C#
- Proficient in scripting languages like Python, PowerShell, and Bash
Familiarity / Experience with:
- Microsoft Power BI
- Test-driven development experience
- Microsoft WPF
More About You
- Committed to continuous improvement of the development processes and productivity.
- Enjoy working in a learning culture and working in a team setting
- Attention to detail for correctness of data and testability, beyond what is normally expected of code that might ship in one game or in one studio