Data Engineer - FIFA Live
6 days ago
The Challenge Ahead:
There are millions of FIFA players generating billions of events every day. We are using the high-volume data streams to detect issues with game latency as soon as they occur. The Data Engineer will be a key member of the Online Game Performance Team responsible for discovering, monitoring, and alerting for game performance issues. They will be tasked with supporting the Data Platform Data Scientists by ensuring the availability of the data needed to perform analysis, machine learning and visualization to find patterns and correlations that will help keep FIFA gameplay free from latency.
We are looking for a data engineering expert able to architect, design and implement data processes that are at the center of the FIFA Online Game Performance operation.
- Work with raw data, design schemas, optimize data transformation, and manage deployments and maintenance of data pipelines
- Develop business intelligence and reporting solutions
- Develop real-time ingestion, processing, and alerting data pipelines
- Evaluate feasibility and effectiveness of proposed data solutions
- End-to-end administration and maintain tools, systems, pipelines and ETLs
- Communicate designs, issues, and trade-offs to stakeholders
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline
- Hands-on experience with SQL and no-SQL databases
- Experience with Big Data technologies such as Presto, Hadoop, Spark, Databricks, Kafka, Kinesis
- Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools such as Airflow
- Experience using business intelligence reporting tools such as Tableau or Looker
- Ability to think and solve complex data engineering problems in maintainable and scalable fashion
- Knowledge and experience with several programming languages such as Python, C#, Scala
- Familiarity with machine learning, and statistical approaches to data analysis
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- 2+ Years of relevant experience required
- Experience working with AWS big data technologies such as Redshift, S3, EMR, AWS Glue
- Experience with ML frameworks such as Tensorflow, PyTorch, Spark MLlib, XGBoost, and Scikit-Learn