This job might no longer be available.
Data Engineer (Contract)
Guildford England United Kingdom
7 months ago
We are EA
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. We build and deliver games, content and online services to millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry.
The Challenge Ahead
Your role as part of Global Analytics and Insights Technology (GAIT) will be to build last-mile global analytics and reporting solutions that depict player evolution year-over-year in titles such as Apex Legends, Battlefield, and Star Wars Battlefront.
You will help build a platform to process petabytes of data into pipelines for user-facing environments and collaboratively compete for the industry-leading data program – all while serving needs of teams on the cutting edge of game development using DevOps methodologies.
What a Data Engineer does at EA
- Maintain and enhance our core data infrastructure and ETL framework.
- Develop and maintain data sets to support reporting and exploratory analytics.
- Develop and own core tools, frameworks, and our Kubernetes-based platform.
- Assess and recommend available and emerging big data technologies.
- Contribute to post implementation reviews helping to demonstrate success.
What skills does the next great Data Engineer bring
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in computer science, software engineering or similar.
- Be fluent in Python and some flavour of SQL.
- Write clean, effective, re-usable code that can be used to scale applications.
- Have experience with cloud platforms such as AWS and GCP.
- Are comfortable on the command-line and working with servers.
- Built and used CI/CD pipelines in the past - Docker experience is essential.
- Proactive to remain technically capable and an expert in current technologies.
What additional skills would be an advantage
- Basic knowledge of other languages such as Java, Scala and C#.
- Have actively used Kubernetes + Helm and other orchestration tools such as Apache Airflow.
- Are comfortable using infra-as-code tools such as Terraform.
- Bring a “If it can be automated, it will be automated” mentality.
- Experience with adapting purpose-built applications into cloud and on-premise platforms.
- Spent time throttling multiple systems to achieve target performance for SLAs.
- Understand the physical and logical design of cloud-native database such as Snowflake.
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
- Free onsite gym
- Two annual parties (Summer & Christmas)
- Onsite cafe
- Our very own barista
- Games Area
We thought you might also want to know more about our location: