This job might no longer be available.
Data Engineer, Content and Customer Service Engineering
Los Angeles, CA
3 months ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Data Engineer (Contract), Content and Customer Service Engineering
Los Angeles, CA
Our group develops software for the PlayStation Network. This network provides online services for the PS4, Web, PS3, PSP, Vita, Tablets, mobile phones, PC, Bravia TVs and more. We build large internal enterprise applications which integrate and support services such as Movie/TV Show streaming, PSN gaming commerce and much more. Our environment is fast, agile and we use some of the latest tools out there.
The Content and Customer Service Data Engineering team is looking for creative, curious, energetic professionals who are passionate about solving complex problems with data in creative and innovative ways. Our mission is to deliver timely, scalable and high quality data solutions and be a force multiplier by unlocking the full potential behind our data.
- Collaborate with product and engineering teams in multiple projects building forward thinking, innovative data solutions that up-level our features and get results in a data driven way.
- Build highly scalable resilient data pipelines and models which produce high quality datasets.
- Deliver visualizations that distill clear, actionable insights from large, complex datasets.
- Improve our tooling by building generic data features such as data quality and anomaly detection and drive overall improvements in our data infrastructure.
- Drive ideas and projects through deep understanding of our data and how it applies in the broader sense of the organization.
- 2+ years of industry experience building highly scalable data pipelines (batch and/or streaming) utilizing Spark, Hive, Presto or other open source frameworks.architecture.
- Python and shell scripting experience for automation and data manipulation.
- Prior experience utilizing dashboarding tools such as Tableau, Superset or similar.
- Experience translating ambiguous business needs to highly scalable data models and datasets.
- Background in software engineering - able to write elegant, scalable and maintainable code.
- Strong SQL skills
- Experience with Airflow, Superset or similar open source tools.
- Previous experience with AWS or similar cloud environment.
- Experience preparing large, complex datasets for Machine Learning pipelines a plus.
- Prior experience working in an Agile environment.
- Gamer or experience in the gaming industry a plus.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Aersons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.