10 days ago
The position is available in Montreal, within Ubisoft's Enterprise Data department and more specifically within the IT analytical team to create tools to share data more quickly.
As a data developer, your role will be multiple, from collecting new sources to building APIs to share them or building a web back-end to host our analyses.
- Understand the needs expressed by the partner teams and propose an optimal solution aligned with the existing architecture;
- Collect new internal or external data sources and accelerate our process to start analysis in a Hadoop environment (HDFS, Hive, Impala, Spark);
- Continue our move to the cloud and develop and industrialize our environment towards the move to Snowflake;
- Improve and automate our deployments for our web tools such as Quegit, Docker, Kubernetes;
- Develop our web back-end to share our analysis with Flask;
- Develop APIs for our customers and share our data;
- Be responsible for the documentation of your achievements;
- Accompany your team in the handling of the solutions developed by various means, including training and support.
- Proven expertise as a developer in a Big Data environment;
- Advanced knowledge of data collection from both internal sources and external APIs;
- Proficiency in Python and/or Scala and/or Java as well as back-end web development;
- Ability to use SQL on a large volume of data query optimization;
- Experience in statistical data analysis, machine learning or reporting;
- English and French at both spoken and written levels.
Just a heads up: If you require a work permit, your eligibility may depend on your education and years of relevant work experience, as required by the government.
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.
At Ubisoft Montreal, a preeminent developer of video games located in Montreal’s dynamic Mile-End neighbourhood since 1997, we offer a work environment unique in the industry for allowing you to build and cultivate games that are part of critically acclaimed, iconic AAA franchises of international repute.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary developers connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.
Our IT teams are central to these developments, both for our players and for our employees. They guarantee services and infrastructures that meet the greatest technological challenges.