This job might no longer be available.
Montreal QC ca
23 days ago
What you'll do
If you are looking to use your knowledge of data development to create data services – such as user scoring or a recommendation engine – in a renowned video game company, this is the job you have been looking for.
You’ll be part of the NCSA Data Science team based in Montreal in order to deliver models and tools to engage Ubisoft players and help the marketing e-commerce and subscription teams to communicate efficiently with them .
The NCSA Data Science team is based half in Montreal, half in San Francisco, it aims at implementing internal strategies to improve large-scale communication with Ubisoft players to enrich their individual experiences. Our goal is to connect to players with meaningful communication while increasing engagement and acquisition. The team primarily focuses on creating players scores and segments to improve acquisition and retention, sending tailored content recommendation of games and merchandise, and establishing personalized communication cycles.
- Collaborate with data scientists to automate and optimize our data services
- Automate and maintain batch pipelines that collect and process data
- Partner with software engineers to deliver microservices using processed data
- Implement and monitor data quality indicators across the entire data pipeline
- Design and build tools that provide confidence in our data quality
What you bring
- A degree in software engineering, computer science or related
- At least 2 years of experience as a data developer or other relevant experience
- Experience working with Spark
- Proficiency in Python
- Proficiency in Java and/or Scala
- Proficiency in SQL
- Knowledge of container technologies
- Knowledge of data visualization
- Knowledge of advanced analytics
- Strong interest in the gaming industry
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Bilingual (French & English)
What to send our way
- Your CV, highlighting your education, experience, and skills
At Ubisoft Montreal, a preeminent developer of video games located in Montreal’s dynamic Mile-End neighbourhood since 1997, we offer a work environment unique in the industry for allowing you to build and cultivate games that are part of critically acclaimed, iconic AAA franchises of international repute.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary developers connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.
More than anything, at Ubi Montreal, you will regularly ship a variety of big, quality titles – Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Rainbow Six, Watch_Dogs, For Honor and… well we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet… – and work with some of the most talented people in the industry.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.