13 days ago
What you'll do
The Data Development team is based in Montreal and is tasked with enabling data intensive marketing initiatives focused on improving communications with, and enriching the individual experiences of, Ubisoft players. Our goal is to reduce the effort marketing teams expend on managing and sourcing data by building and deploying high quality data sets and data tools. To accomplish this goal, we design and deploy data orchestration processes and pipelines and build services and applications that share data and advanced data models.
You are a developer with a proven track record working with big data. You are a collaborator, motivated by sharing knowledge and experience with your team. You are creative, appreciative of diverse perspectives and excited to tackle new challenges in new ways.
- Automate data modeling and machine learning processes at scale.
- Build microservices that deliver data and models to teams and projects across Ubisoft.
- Build pipelines and batch processes that move and transform data.
- Participate in proof-of-concept projects to advance understanding of new data technologies.
What you bring to the team
- Experience in data engineering (or a related field)
- Experience with big data processing technologies (ex. Spark, Dask, Kafka, Flink, etc.)
- Experience programming in at least one of Python, Java, Scala or Kotlin.
- Experience working on a cloud platform (AWS, Azure, GCP, etc.)
- Familiarity with the principles of microservice architecture.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Bilingual (English & French)
What to send our way
- Your CV, your expertise and/or related experience and skills
Just a heads up: If you require a work permit, your eligibility may depend on your education and years of relevant work experience, as required by the government.
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.
At Ubisoft Montreal, a preeminent developer of video games located in Montreal’s dynamic Mile-End neighbourhood since 1997, we offer a work environment unique in the industry for allowing you to build and cultivate games that are part of critically acclaimed, iconic AAA franchises of international repute.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary developers connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.
More than anything, at Ubi Montreal, you will regularly ship a variety of big, quality titles – Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Rainbow Six, Watch_Dogs, For Honor and… well we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet… – and work with some of the most talented people in the industry.