Data Developer – DevOps
5 days ago
Ubisoft is seeking a DevOps specialist to join our Big Data platform team which is composed of various roles. They support Ubisoft Data Office group initiatives and their expertise to the business activities in all over the world.
As a DevOps, you will ensure the proper functioning of various services that comprise our Data Platform. You will be expected to understand the business goals and needs of our domain, to improve the operations of our Data platform services and technology. You will analyze the operational data and transform findings into actionable automated solutions.
- Manage the Data platform and its components, including tasks such as installations, maintenance, upgrades, system performance and application patching;
- Automate recurrent tasks through scripting using DevOps best practices and CI/CD pipelines;
- Monitor system events to ensure availability and good service quality;
- Maintain documentation regarding configurations, operations and troubleshooting procedures;
- Take part in post-mortem and root cause analysis;
- Participate in evaluation of new requirements, technical designs, standard guidelines, best practices, and metrics.
- Experience in Big Data and/or Distributed systems and tools such as : Hive, Spark, Presto, Hbase, Cassandra, Kafka, Nifi, HDFS, Ceph, Ozone etc;
- Experience with the public and private cloud solution such as AWS, GCP, Azure, OpenStack;
- Experience with automation and deployment of Infrastructure as code – Git, Terraform, Ansible, Salt, Python, etc ;
- Experience with monitoring tools such as Kibana, Grafana, Zabbix, or Prometheus etc.;
- Experience in debugging and optimizing Java and Scala code;
- Good interpersonal communication in French and English, both oral and written.
Just a heads up: If you require a work permit, your eligibility may depend on your education and years of relevant work experience, as required by the government.
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.
Creating the unknown since 1997. At Ubisoft Montreal, we’re united by a common goal: to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. We develop iconic franchises that engage millions around the world, like Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, For Honor, Rainbow Six, Watch Dogs – and, well, we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet.
Our biggest strength is – and always will be – our people: the immensely talented team members surrounding, supporting, and producing the high-quality games that have made our studio what it is today.
When you join Ubi MTL, you’ll discover a workplace that sparks inspiration and connection: an environment with a variety of voices, identities, backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We offer a collaborative space that provides career advancement, a host of learning opportunities, and meaningful benefits centred on well-being.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Here, our shared desire to dream big, take risks, and constantly improve contributes to the innovation and boundary-pushing that ultimately leads to our collective success.