Data Developer - Big Data (Technology Group)
Montreal QC ca
8 days ago
As a Data Developer within Ubi MTL's Technology Group, you'll deliver data pipelines that support predictive models used to prevent anomalies, optimize performance, and improve the productivity of game production teams. Plus, you'll be responsible for the accessibility and integrity of the required data sets.
Click here for a glimpse of the work being done in the team you’ll join: https://montreal.ubisoft.com/en/mathieu-nayrolles-keynote-at-the-ase-conference-in -san-diego /
What you'll do
- Guide data transport process design, implementation, and maintenance needed by data scientists.
- Execute data transformation operations to feed predictive models.
- Oversee data architecture initiatives to maintain reliable data pipelines for structured and unstructured data.
- Ensure the transition between the data pipeline and model & ensure the integration of the trained predictive model into applications, systems, and operations.
- Monitor and track data quality (reliability, consistency, integrity) and flow.
- Perform performance monitoring and reporting and make necessary infrastructure adjustments.
- Contribute a variety of projects that touch on implementing current and new systems, solutions, and processes.
What you bring
- An undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent
- At least 5 years of industry experience related to data, programming, and design (or other relevant experience)
- Hands-on experience in mega-data development and NoSQL and SQL data modeling
- The ability to:
- develop processes based on data flow concepts and architectures
- extract, transform and load data to and from systems
- ensure the integrity of data throughout its lifecycle
- configure, use, and develop data management systems
- develop structured software by applying software engineering methods
- use a variety of tools and languages (e.g. Python, SQL, Bash) to integrate systems
- Solid interpersonal, creative thinking, and problem-solving skills
- A collaborative and strategy-oriented spirit
Nice to have:
- Experience with big data systems administration & NoSQL and SQL databases
- Experience with public cloud services (AWS, Azure, GCP), Docker, Kubernetes
- Experience with DashDB, MySQL, MongoDB, Cassandra, Athena, PostgreSQL
- Experience with data pipeline alert and monitoring systems
- An understanding of machine learning concepts
- Experience with projection and simulation techniques (e.g. Monte-Carlo)
- Knowledge of Agile development methodologies (Kanban, Scrum)
What to send our way
- Your CV, highlighting your education, experience, and skills
A real live person will review your application. In this case, it’s our talent acquisition specialist Karin. As she learns more about you through your profile, get to know her through the video below.
About the Technology Group (TG)
The TG provides tools and middleware tailored to our production needs. From front-end to back-end services, our projects are diverse but share a common goal: improve the efficiency of our gaming pipelines and the quality of our games. In a collaborative and innovative environment, we explore ideas, test concepts, and try new technology to find solutions that help developers deliver the best player experiences possible.
At Ubisoft Montreal, a preeminent developer of video games located in Montreal’s dynamic Mile-End neighbourhood since 1997, we offer a work environment unique in the industry for allowing you to build and cultivate games that are part of critically acclaimed, iconic AAA franchises of international repute.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary developers connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.
More than anything, at Ubi Montreal, you will regularly ship a variety of big, quality titles – Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Rainbow Six, Watch_Dogs, For Honor and… well we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet… – and work with some of the most talented people in the industry.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.