This job might no longer be available.
Data Center Technician
Montreal QC ca
15 days ago
As a Data Center Technician, you will be responsible for daily physical operations in the data center, management of the stockroom, the resolution of hardware issues and deployment of new systems. You will also ensure that any change in the Data Center is tracked properly.
- Deploy equipment and its needed connectivity in the data center;
- Maintain correct identification of equipment;
- Perform server hardware maintenance and upgrades;
- Apply basic configuration on hosted equipment (iLO, DRAC, switch ports, etc.);
- Maintain a clean and tidy environment through general housekeeping activities;
- Escalate problems and issues to the Operations Team;
- Resolve requests and faults logged;
- Manage RMAs with manufacturers;
- Ensure reception of equipment;
- Be available for on call rotations during nights, weekends and holidays;
- Monitor and respond to critical issues related to Datacenter equipement.
- College diploma in Information Technology, or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years of experience as a Data Center Technician;
- Certified Data Center Professional (CDCP) certification is an asset.
- Superior attention to detail;
- Organized and Autonomous;
- Ability to interface with suppliers;
- Capacity to manage emergencies;
- Aptitude for quickly learning new technologies;
- Have good interpersonal and communication skills;
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced changing environment;
- Good physical condition to lift heavy equipment on a daily basis.
- Expertise in cabling techniques and materials;
- Knowledge of data center lexicon;
- Knowledge of electrical and HVAC technologies;
- Knowledge in server hardware;
- Bilingual (French, english).
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
Ubisoft Montreal, an industry leading developer of video games, located in the heart of Montreal’s Mile-End, offers a unique environment where creativity, teamwork and cutting-edge technology bring to life critically acclaimed video games and iconic AAA franchises. You will benefit from a competitive compensation package, an open learning environment, and contribute to an international team driving innovation.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary people connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.