Data Center Technician #1223
10 days ago
Please note that vaccination is not considered to be fully in effect until 14 days after the 2nd shot. There is also a 3-4 week waiting period between the 1st and 2nd shot
Contract length: 18 months
Work Location: Onsite full time (This role requires the candidate to be onsite immediately upon their start date.)
Work hours: Fulltime
SCHEDULE Requirement: This role requires to be on a Sunday – Thursday schedule.
We are looking for an experienced Data Center Technician to join our team. An ideal candidate will have a wide range of IT knowledge and experience. In this role, you will support the gaming space with a chance to be engaged to contribute to the product and experiences of customers that are being created in the studio. If you are eager to strengthen your capabilities in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, this is the job for you!
- Provide project or task status on a regular basis to the project manager
- Provide status reports on test scenarios, lab machines and configurations
- Maintain a set of machines in a laboratory setting including setup, teardown, and troubleshooting of client and/or server machines
- Set up, configure and/or troubleshoot network hardware including hubs, routers, and switches
- Install software and run some automated tests based on a clear set of instructions
- Accepts responsibility for server deployment projects and tasks, but quickly escalates when issues arise, to ensure accurate delivery
- Troubleshoot hardware and software problems as required
- Participate in ongoing process and documentation refinement in order to maintain operational effectiveness of both the Lab and Team
Keywords provides a competitive compensation package, good benefits and a casual, fun, productive and supportive working environment. We empower people to perform to the best of their ability with our “can do” attitude. We appreciate and embrace flexibility and learn at every opportunity to grow ourselves through experience, training and tackling new challenges. This is what makes us Keywordians.
- 5 years' minimum experience of working in Data Center – doing rack/stack cable image, break/fix work
- 3 years' minimum experience of HP or Dell server hardware troubleshooting
- 3 years' minimum experience of Windows server OS troubleshooting
- Experience with data center hardware, asset management, parts inventory control, as well as overall deployment
- Ability to build, configure, and / or upgrade new or existing server environments to meet functional requirements
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. servers.
- Must be able to stand on your feet at least 80% of the time.
Nice to have
- Someone who has recent experience in this role
- Strong understanding of build out and replacement timelines, etc.
At KeyWords we provide all our contingent workforce with:
Paid Time Off (including sick days and holidays)
401k (3% matching)
Medical, Dental and Vision benefits
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.