This job might no longer be available.
Data Center Engineer
4 months ago
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a talented and enthusiastic Data Center Administrator to support Blizzard’s data center infrastructure. The ideal candidate is adept to providing world class operational support to enterprise data center systems. The applicant will perform day to day operational duties and be an escalation point for other support teams when needed. This individual will also serve as a key resource on projects, working directly with Project Managers to implement data center technology solutions for Blizzard.
- Problem and Incident management
- Projects and initiatives within the team
- Perform daily system monitoring and environmental health checks
- Site Deployment: Document and diagram data center floor plan, rack layouts, network ports, and power usage via DCIM
- Systems Administration: OS deployments, LDAP, puppet configurations, run scripts
- Operate, monitor, and maintain power, cooling, and life safety systems that are critical to data centers
- Move, Add, Change: Responsible for installing and configuring new IT hardware that lives in the data center
- Perform data center inventory and asset management using DCIM
- Assist in design, documentation, configuration, integration, and installation of complex network infrastructure
- Break Fix on equipment as needed
- Provide 24 X 7 on call support as part of a weekly on-call rotation
- Experience working with HP, Dell, and Cisco server equipment
- Experience working with Unix/Linux systems
- Ability to work with global cross functional teams
- Ability to act quickly, competently, and confidently
- Ability to use discretion when presented with sensitive information or confidential issues
- Strong organizational skills and multi-tasking capabilities
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Highly motivated and self-driven, capable of working with little instruction to resolve demanding tasks
- Passion for technology and gaming
- Must be able and willing to lift 50 pounds
- Bachelor's in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
- Familiar with Data Center operations such as: Generators, PDU’s, UPS’s, CRAC units and Life Safety Systems
- Experience with public and private cloud, including OpenStack, AWS, and Google Cloud Platform
- Experience with network theory and protocols, e.g. TCP/IP, UDP, DNS, VLANs.
- Familiarity with service configuration and deployment tools, such as Ansible, Git/Github, Jenkins, Puppet, and Vault
- The ability to read/write code fluently in any of the following: Bash, Java, or Python
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!