Data Architect, Platform
16 days ago
™ is the award-winning creator of mobile games for players across the globe. We are part of the AppLovin
™ studios family, a publicly traded company, with world-class projects, resources, and infrastructure. PeopleFun™ is a Dallas-based game studio founded and maintained by game industry veterans, where game developers thrive on collaboration, creativity, teamwork and fun. Our games are played by over 25 million players each month, and we have a number of exciting mid-core and casual games in development. Our mission is twofold: excellence in creativity and data-driven product innovation, and to be a best-in-class workplace providing unique opportunities to learn and exercise curiosity.
Candidates who reside or will reside in the following locations are eligible for this role: California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Iowa, Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Washington DC, Washington State
PeopleFun is seeking a highly skilled Data Architect focused on our Platform Services and infrastructure for both existing and new games. Some of our Platform Services we are working towards include identity, analytics event ingestion, monitoring, LiveOps and config systems, experiments, segmentation, and more for up to Wordscapes scale PeopleFun games.
You will report directly to the VP Platform Engineering and work on a GCP / BigQuery / PubSub / Dataflow and Dataproc / Cloud Run / Airflow tech stack in development for gaming and data services for analytics, experimentation, liveops, and more. We are also improving existing Platform technologies, for example moving away from legacy data ingestion and data warehouse as we scale up new services.
- Architect, build, and integrate a wide set of data services, pipelines, and tools at the top grossing mobile game scale of our new and existing games
- Create performant and maintainable data services at the top grossing mobile game scale of our new and existing games
- Bring your expert big data experience and architectural knowledge to bear on exciting Platform Technology problems and projects to improve services game quality and value for players while also helping democratize our data for product teams
- Define and evangelize data governance, standards, and data engineering best practices for the studio data platforms
- Work with the broader game development teams to architect, extend and develop new data platform pipelines and systems (reports, analytics, experiments, segmentation)
- Reviewing and mentoring team member contributions including code quality and test coverage
- Contribute and improve production processes, coding, and operational practices for our game backends
- 10+ years developing big data services and infrastructure for games and/or relevant big data experience
- Demonstrated expertise in cloud data infrastructure and services using cloud technologies like GCP / AWS
- Leader with fearless attitude and willingness to jump into unfamiliar areas
- Technical expertise across a range of backend technology - database, caching, networking, storage, streaming, or micro-services and other architectures
- Advanced SQL and python at scale
- Solid Airflow and ETL experience
- CI/CD and Infrastructure as code experience
- Forward-looking mentality, taking into account scale, performance and a DevOps mindset
- Strong problem-solving and meticulous organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to build relationships with team stakeholders
- Familiar with mobile/F2P and a passion for games
- Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, or Engineering
Competitive compensation package
401K with 3% employer matching
Family friendly culture
Flex PTO policy
On-Site Gym and free Yoga classes
$1,500 annual budget for career development & education
$1,000 annual game device and IAP budget
Free drinks & snacks, catered lunch on Fridays
Happy hours, social events and more
PeopleFun is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, protected veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.