9 days ago
Nexon America is a branch of Nexon Co., Ltd., a global video game publisher and leading developer of online virtual worlds for PCs, consoles, and mobile devices. Nexon proudly offers celebrated franchises like MapleStory, KartRider, and Mabinogi that have been enjoyed by millions of players for over two decades. When we founded our Nexon America branch in 2006, we made it our goal to bring those unique games to western players using a player-first approach. We achieve that goal by applying our team’s outstanding free-to-play expertise and live game support to every decision, every day.
But we’re committed to more than our games! Here at Nexon America, we’re all about open communication, diversity, mutual respect, and collaboration, so we can bring out the best in each other. Nexies find support, friendship, and career growth all in one place! And because we know a healthy work-life balance is the key to happiness, Nexies also enjoy flexible hours, a hybrid work model, and extra perks like food trucks, happy hours, and team events. It’s why we’ve earned the Great Place to Work certification for 3 years running!
We’re looking to expand our team with passionate individuals who want to learn, play, and grow with us. Ready for a new challenge?
Summary of Position
Nexon America is looking for a Data Analyst to provide in-depth data mining and analyses to multiple departments, with a focus on understanding our players and identifying ways to improve the user experience within our games. In this role, you will empower our teams with actionable data derived from your own data exploration, experiments, and analyses.
We are currently working in the office 2-3x a week in a hybrid work model.
- Design and develop data analyses to create unique business insights; perform detailed data exploration and validation to understand players’ behavior and trends
- Identify key analytic metrics; build interactive data visualizations and present key insights to inform business decisions and drive growth; examine and analyze available information to determine patterns and gaps at a strategic level and recommend a course of action to support internal and external users
- Research and analyze web and game usage data and recommend solutions; analyze the user experience and business processes to identify opportunities for improvement
- Work cross-functionally with internal stakeholders to translate business data needs into analysis specifications and validate requirements against strategic goals and project objectives
- Develop innovative projects and hone cutting-edge skills in Data Cloud technologies, Data Science models, Data storytelling, and AI
- Other duties as assigned
- 3+ years of experience in data analytics, sales analysis, consulting, statistics, or a related field
- Experience with data extraction and manipulation tools and Data Mining tools
- Experience creating data visualization
- Online gaming experience preferred
Education, Professional Training, Technical Training or Certification
- Master’s Degree preferred or Bachelor’s degree with equivalent experience
- Excellent knowledge of statistical analysis
- Ability to extract data by writing your own SQL queries
- Experience using Tableau or similar BI tools
- Experience using Google Analytics preferred
- Programming for data analysis (R or Python) preferred
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to manage shifting priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Excellent time and project management skills
Management has the right to add or change duties and job requirements at any time.
Nexon’s Benefits and Perks
We offer medical, dental and vision plans for you, your spouse or domestic partner and your children. Employees who enroll in the high deductible health plan receive an annual employer contribution to a health savings account and company paid hospital indemnity benefits. We also provide company paid life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability benefits as well as access to voluntary life and AD&D for yourself and your dependents, flexible spending accounts, a 401(k) savings plan with a company match, and pet insurance. Nexies are encouraged to take advantage of our monthly wellness credit, participate in lunchtime yoga, and enroll in language classes. We host bi-monthly catered lunches, monthly happy hours, and maintain a well-stocked snack bar. To help you maintain a good work life balance, we offer paid time off, sick days, company holidays, and a year-end break.
Nexon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Compensation Description for Pay Transparency (annually)
The base salary range for this position in El Segundo, CA is $74,330 - $114,494 annually.
Our salary ranges are determined by market data based on position and level. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum salaries for that position. An individual’s pay is determined by factors including, but not limited to, a candidate’s qualifications, skills, experiences, relevant education or training, and location.
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards package that is provided to compensate and recognize employees for their work. This role may be eligible for additional discretionary bonuses/incentives, however the salary range listed in this job posting reflects the base salary only.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.