21 days ago
Founded in 2009, Maximum Games is a global top 20 video game publisher and distributor led by Christina Seelye, a seasoned executive of consumer products and go-to-market strategies.
Maximum Games and Modus are part of the Maximum Entertainment Group- a multinational development and publishing group dedicated to bringing the highest level of innovation, technology, and creative ambition to the global games market through its growing family of brands. The group currently consists of five studios and four publishers and leverages each entity’s unique capabilities and brand identity to deliver influential and entertaining content to gamers worldwide.
As an innovative video game publisher, we encourage employees to set aside corporate attire and mindset in favor of entrepreneurism, strategic thinking and just enough process-orientation to be effective in a fast-paced, high-growth environment. The company values productive fun and invites team members to leverage their skills and abilities for company and personal success .
If this is the right environment for you, we are currently searching for a Data Analyst.
This position is full-time, hybrid (3 days a week in office) and will be based out of Maximum Games Headquarters in Walnut Creek, California.
In this position, you will:
- Create and maintain dashboards and reports to visualize sales insights and trends.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to define and prioritize data-driven solutions.
- Define processes and ETL infrastructure to transform and make data readily available across the company.
- Implement automated workflows that lower manual/operational cost for stakeholders and move the company closer to data democratization.
- Understand, monitor, QA, translate, collaborate with business teams to ensure ongoing data quality.
Ideally, you have:
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field (e.g., statistics, computer science, engineering, mathematics).
- 2+ years of experience in data analysis and data modeling.
- Expertise in writing accurate and effective code in SQL (CTEs, self-joins).
- Proficient in at least one scripting language (ideally Python).
- Ability to analyze technical business requirements, including functional and non-functional requirements, to architect and develop integrations across critical applications.
- Competency leveraging data visualization tools (Tableau, Power BI) to create reports that support internal team needs.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Proficiency with Mac OS and Microsoft Office.
- Aligns with Maximum Games’ Core Values: Scrappy, Creative Problem Solver, Avid Learner, Cares, Seeks Context, Adaptable.
- Passion for the video game industry
- Developed internal tools using Retool
- Experience with modern data storage and processing technologies (i.e. BigQuery SQL, Airflow, and DBT or similar)
We hire talented and passionate people from a variety of backgrounds because we want our global employee base to represent the wide diversity of gamers. If you’re excited about a role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every bullet point listed in the job description, we still encourage you to apply. If you’re a gamer at heart, share our company values, and are enthusiastic about bringing the gamer out in everyone, we want to hear from you.
Additional Information: All of your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.