15 days ago
Linden Lab develops platforms that empower people to create, share, and thrive within virtual experiences.
Founded in 1999, the company first launched Second Life , the groundbreaking virtual world enjoyed by millions around the globe, in 2003, which has since gone on to boast nearly two billion user creations and a vibrant $500 million (USD) economy.
At Linden, we value a workplace that’s as diverse as our products. As we continue to grow, we remain dedicated to building a company that is rooted in organizational health, strengths-based leadership, and the belief that teams are stronger than individuals.
If you want access to the forefront of virtual words, this is the place for you. We’ve created space for everyone to find belonging and invite you to come as you are.
The Data Analyst will embed with the Product and Finance teams as their lead analyst to help ensure that Second Life is successful with its major initiatives and projects. You will drive success by understanding the product, supporting business decisions across the company with your data explorations and visualizations. Our teams will look to you to identify areas of opportunity and relevant KPIs as well as evangelize best practices in leveraging data for decision-making and prioritization.
What We’ll Offer You
The stability of an established company with startup momentum. An unparalleled opportunity to create -- relationships, systems, strategy and culture. An environment where your voice will be heard and your impact deeply felt. A sense of belonging where your work is appreciated and rewarded.
The data community at Linden Lab is tight-knit and will give you an opportunity to learn and grow beyond your individual role. Your work will connect you to everything that goes on behind a virtual world: engineering, product management, marketing, finance, legal, and more.
What We’ll Create Together
- A deep understanding of Second Life, its economy, and its business model
- Open-ended explorations of customer activity as well as ad-hoc data pulls to answer specific business questions, all of which will influence the future direction of our products
- Powerful reports in Tableau that allow stakeholders to get quick insights or dive deep into data
- Proactive collaborations with the data engineering team to ensure the right data is available
What You’ll Bring to the Team
At Linden, we celebrate all the dimensions of diversity, including diversity of experience. We recognize that candidates applying for this role will be most successful if they bring the following with them:
- Bachelor's degree in a technical, science or social-science field, or equivalent experience.
- 2 - 4+ years of direct analytical experience in a professional or graduate level setting.
- Intermediate level SQL skills (multiple joins, subqueries, window functions).
- 2+ years experience with one or more data visualization tools (Tableau, Looker, etc.) and/or libraries (Matplotlib, Seaborn, ggplot2, etc.)
- Excellent communication skills: ability to work directly with all levels of management and across disciplines.
- Familiarity with formula and charting in Excel or Google Sheets.
- Understanding of micro and/or macroeconomics is a plus.
- Personal experience in online communities and virtual worlds is a plus.
Work Environment & Physical Demands
As a remote-first company, we take great care to ensure an inclusive experience for all Lindens. You may be offered the opportunity to travel to company meetings and events, however this is not a requirement. We aim to optimize for remote attendance, not just accommodate it.
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use the computer and communicate with coworkers in a remote office environment. The employee frequently is required to stand or sit to complete work and may occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
The Fine Print
Linden Lab celebrates diversity of thought, race, national origin and culture, age, experience, religion, economic and social status, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability status. Building a culture of inclusion allows us to create and share experiences with each other, and with our virtual communities. We always seek to maintain a diverse and welcoming workplace, and candidates from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees in this job. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.