11 days ago
GSN Games, the leading developer in mobile and social games, is seeking a talented Data Analyst with a passion for problem-solving and real-world application to join our casual games studio based in Mountain View/San Francisco.
About the GSN SuperCasual Studio:
Our studio consists of a talented group of game artists, designers, engineers, product people and marketers who craft industry-leading mobile games providing very high-quality experiences. This studio is the home of Solitaire Tripeaks by GSN, the #1 revenue solitaire game on mobile that has quickly grown into one of the top grossing games on both iOS and Android.
What You’ll Do:
As a Data Analyst in our Analytics group, your goal will be to help the team understand the most important behaviors of our players. You’ll use problem-solving skills, sound logic, and data tools like SQL/Bigquery/Python, in order to identify and evaluate trends, determine real value of team initiatives, and clearly communicate results and outcomes. You’ll work with the entire team and provide analytics grounding to business decisions we make every day. You’ll learn our tables, do ad hoc analysis as requested, help our team figure out what they really should be asking, create dashboards where needed, and generally use our data to be the real backbone of our data-driven culture. Most importantly, you’ll use situational awareness to make sure you understand our game, our funnels, our current KPIs and our player behaviors to make sure that your analyses make sense and help the team learn.
- Work with product, live ops, game design, engineering, marketing, DBAs and other teams to deliver actionable insights into our games in order to improve our user acquisition, engagement and monetization, including creating and updating SQL/Bigquery/Python queries and Tableau/Excel/Google Sheet dashboards
- Design and implement new analytics events and queries for new game features, game events and player offers, to make sure the team gets the information they need to evaluate and improve the game
- Design, implement, organize and analyze advanced statistical testing for specific problem-solving needs (e.g. A/B testing).
- Identify problems, anomalies, trends, issues, and opportunities, by looking at the data and coming to your own conclusions
- Answer business-related questions through exploratory data analyses and ad-hoc reporting.
- Participate in data retention management processes, including defining and updating retention policies and creating/updating tables to optimize data analysis workflow and cost
- BS or MS in Analytics, Business Intelligence, Finance, Statistics or Computer Science, or other analytical discipline
- 1+ years of experience as a data or financial Analyst applying statistical analysis to B2C consumer behaviors (mobile apps, advertising, market activities)
- Outstanding problem-solving skills, including the ability to:
- analyze situations and determine the best metrics for a situation
- conceptualize player behaviors based on data
- identify meaningful proxies of player behaviors where data doesn’t exist
- Strong work ethic, intellectual curiosity, and drive to complete projects
- Experience using SQL, including complex queries from multiple data sources
- Experience creating, operating and analyzing multiple simultaneous A/B tests
- Strong communication and presentation skills, including extensive use of chart and table tools
- Ability to understand and act on changing priorities, and execute multiple competing projects based on business case and expected impact
- Familiarity with data and BI presentation tools (Tableau, Excel, pivot tables)
- past experience (video gaming, e-commerce, consumer entertainment, etc.)
- A passion for playing world class mobile, social and casual games a huge plus
- Experience in making world-class social/casual/casino games a huge plus
If you’re serious about joining our Puzzle Studio and you enjoy solving problems, we’ll look first at people who can answer these 4 questions at this link: Data Analyst Survey