Vancouver British Columbia Canada
15 days ago
The Opportunity Ahead:
As a Data Analyst on the EA Studios Frostbite team you will play a key role in analyzing our Frostbite project and game engine data to improve our Development and Quality Verification strategies . You will be a sharp, curious, and analytic individual who has a passion for diving into data to solve business problems. Your insights will influence how we build and verify the quality of our games.
What a Data Analyst does at Frostbite team :
- Receives questions from clients, understands the questions, and determines the da ta needed to find the solutions.
- Conducts analysis using statistical software, databases, spreadsheets, and reporting tools .
- Designs, evaluates, and monitors key metrics .
- Develops and maintains scripts and queries to import, clean, transform , and augment data .
- Builds live data dashboards complete with user documentation .
- Performs quality assurance to ensure accuracy and consistency for the information being delivered.
- Presents analysis conclusions to clients in a clear, understandable, and valuable way.
- Communicates clearly (and as often as needed) with team members and business partners.
- Designs and develops statistical analysis models for hypothesis testing, prediction, or inference.
Our Next Data Analyst needs:
- 1 - 3 year s of work e xperience in a past analytical role .
- Ability to work with different types of data (relational, big data, textual, etc.), and accessible through different means (SQL, REST API, etc.)
- Performs data analysis using a variety of methodologies and tools with a high degree of proficiency.
- Visualizes high readability data insights using software tools like Power BI, Tableau, or Excel.
- Understands well how data is stored in databases and can write fast and reusable SQL code to retrieve it.
- Writes efficient Python or R code to answer data analysis questions with a high degree of confidence .
- Understand s the requirements of the o f Agile/W aterfall process and adjust s their work as needed .
- Bachelor ’ s degree in a technical field (e.g. Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering, Mathematics, Economics etc.) and/or successful completion of post-secondary level M ath and S tatistics courses .
- G ood foundation of math and statistical knowledge including an understanding of probability, correlation, regression, classification, and the development of statistical models.
- Exceptional problem solving, creative thinking, and analytical skills .
- Ability to initiate and maintain close collaborative partnerships with coworkers and stakeholders .
- Ability to take ownership of projects and look for new problems to solve and new concepts to implement.
- Quick learner with an innate desire to continually learn, adapt , and develop abilities .
- Skillful communicator who is not afraid to ask questions and brings new insights to light .
- Professionalism in working with clients and working in a team environment .
We are proud of the great perks we offer like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, and pension with company match and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off of creativity and individuality.
We t hought y ou m ight a lso w ant t o k now m ore about our location: http://careers.ea.com/our-locations/burnaby-eav