13 days ago
Data Analyst - Expansive Worlds
Expansive Worlds is a creative division of Avalanche Studios Group and a leading developer and publisher of outdoor games. Since 2009, Expansive Worlds has been devoted to delivering highly immersive outdoor gaming experiences for millions of players and best known for the long-standing and successful theHunter franchise.
We are now looking for a passionate, business minded and servant Data Analyst, based in our studio in Stockholm, to work in tandem with our divisional management over our entire self-published game portfolio.
As Data Analyst, you will support the Division teams with a variety of data insights and analytics, taking ownership in relevant data gathering, monitoring and analysis, while taking accountability to develop sourced data to meet Expansive Worlds needs and requirements today and in the future. In the role the Data Analyst enables the division to take ‘data aware decisions’ while facilitating for general and partner level ‘go-to-market’ plans through robust analysis, providing fact-based recommendations to maximize profitability.
Key deliverable for the role is to create thorough understanding across Expansive Worlds in where we optimize our ROI, while providing ongoing insights to our business trajectory against set targets
- Accountable for establishing methodology for rolling business performance trajectory
- Responsible for data quality, financial alignment and assessment with division executional publishing process (roadmaps and plans), working in tandem with accountable leads
- Collaborate with Product Owners providing revenue & profitability assessment of defined risk & opportunities
- Provide actionable recommendations and insights to Product Owners and Sales & Marketing Teams
- Review pro-forma P&Ls to validate profitability of releases, promotions, sales activations and conduct associated post-mortems
- Establishing Financial Targets, Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), Key Quality Indicators (KQIs) and Production Performance Indicators (PPIs) in close alignment with Expansive Worlds Management
- Implement tracking for and visualize set KPIs/KQIs/PPIs
- Source data based on division needs and requirements
- Partner with and act as customer w. APEX (backend) team to facilitate
- Partner in developing the data infrastructure (big-data) that enables data aware decision-making
- 5+ years experience business analysis from gaming & digital entertainment or tech
- 3+ experience working in an international environment
- Experience building data visualization using tools like Google Data Studio
- Excellent database querying skills
- Experience building revenue models using major KPIs like MAU, ARPU, Retention etc...
- Bias for action/initiative (pro-activeness)
- Personal drive for process improvement and innovation
- Self-sufficient with a “can do” attitude
- Co-operate and collaborate in team spirit – act without personal prestige
- Ability to prioritize and work structured, targeted and focused
- Excellent analytical, structured and numerical skills
- Good communications and presentation style
- Fluent English
- Strong capability for planning & analysis allied to the vision
- Team player
- Interest in Outdoor(s) and/or Sportsperson Activities
- Keen gamer
- Experience working at a games company
To apply for this position please register below with a detailed resume, link to a portfolio and cover letter. A portfolio is required demonstrating all aspects of your skills. Apply as soon as possible as we review applications continuously. All further information is provided under a non-disclosure agreement only. All applicants are required to relocate to work full-time in Stockholm.
At Avalanche Studios, we believe in worlds beyond limits, and we are committed to developing a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Being part of our world is not contingent on where you’re from, your gender, or sexual orientation. It’s all about your passion, courage and craftsmanship.