Data Analyst, Product
15 days ago
As a leading mobile games developer, Jam City is looking to “level up” our talent. We’re searching for innovators who consider themselves dynamic, collaborative, and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
PERKS & BENEFITS
Unlimited Vacation, Paid Sick Days & Holidays
100% Employee Covered Medical, Dental, Vision Plan Base Plan
Life Insurance, 401k, Flexible Spending Accounts, Commuter Benefits & More
Catered Lunches & Well-stocked Kitchens
Yoga & Wellness Activities
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are currently looking for an experienced Data Analyst, Product to join our Jam City Burbank team!
- Support the Product Management team with analysis that informs the feature roadmap and live operations for our portfolio of mobile game.
- Conduct feature analysis by extracting data using SQL, create reports in Tableau, and prepare analysis in Excel.
- Build automated reports and work with the analytics team to get all necessary data at the right time to manage KPIs.
- Create telemetry by defining hooks to collect necessary data.
- Fully own analytics taxonomy and serve as primary point of contact between the game studio and central analytics team.
- Validate data hooks while in development to ensure the correct data will be available when a build goes live.
- Create statistical distributions and predictive models to inform feature development as well as live tune and balance game economy.
- Monitor and report on macro trends impacting the product and regularly contribute to weekly event summaries as well as monthly executive KPI reports.
- Understand game metrics to inform hypotheses and design A/B test experiments with clearly-defined, measurable success goals.
- Proactively distill insights into actionable recommendations through regular communication with team members.
- Forecast KPI improvements for new features or live operation strategies.
- 1-3 years experience performing analysis, preferably in the mobile games industry.
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills; the ability to derive conclusions from data and clearly communicate findings is critical.
- Highly proficient in SQL, must be able to write queries to extract raw data and also load data into Tableau for visualization. Prefer skills in R, Python as well.
- Skillful in forecasting and manipulating data in Excel and/or Google Sheets.
- Knowledge of machine learning and possess predictive modeling skills.
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills; some business or technical writing experience required.
- Bachelor’s degree in mathematics, computer science, business or related fields strongly preferred.
- Masters degree in business analytics or related field preferred.
OUR COMMITMENT TO EQUITY, DIVERSITY, & INCLUSION
We believe in creating games that unite people across the world and that showcase our commitment to providing an environment that is both inclusive and diverse for our players and employees. We strive to create a workforce that is reflective of our global player community as we know that we are stronger and better when we play together. To help promote an inclusive culture, we celebrate the visible and invisible diversity of our Jam Citizens through initiatives including Employee Resource Groups, cultural events, trainings, speaker series, and more.
Jam City is an equal opportunity employer. We enthusiastically accept our responsibility to make employment decisions without regard to race, age, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, religion, ethnicity, marital, or domestic partnerships status, disability, genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing), predisposing genetic characteristics, military status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expressions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws. Our management is committed to following this policy with respect to hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, termination, recruiting, pay, and other forms of compensation, training, and general treatment during employment.
ABOUT JAM CITY
Jam City is an award-winning mobile entertainment studio providing unique and deeply engaging games that appeal to a broad, global audience.
Led by CEO Chris DeWolfe, former MySpace co-founder and CEO, and COO Josh Yguado, former 20th Century Fox executive, Jam City is the creative powerhouse behind some of the highest-grossing and most enduring mobile games. Jam City’s global franchise Cookie Jam has generated more than half a billion dollars, and Panda Pop has more than 120 million downloads to date.
The company also is the go-to studio for Hollywood, having developed immersive, narrative-rich mobile games around iconic entertainment brands. The company’s popular RPG game Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery was the #1 game in more than 40 countries at its launch in April 2018.
Jam City has nine studios located in Los Angeles (HQ), Berlin, Buenos Aires, Bogotá, Burbank, Cedar Falls, San Diego, San Francisco, and Toronto.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.