Data Analyst, Marketing & Publishing Analytics
4 days ago
Marketing & Publishing Analytics is a global team based in San Francisco, Montreal, and Paris. Our goal is to deliver strategic analytics and insights to our stakeholders and support them with key decisions across the lifecycle of our games. Our stakeholders include Executive Publishing (Brand Management, Game Development), Marketing (CRM, Media, Social, Influencer Marketing, PR, Customer Experience & Support), and Finance & Strategic Planning.
We are seeking a Data Analyst who will lead strategic analytics projects to support optimization of our marketing and publishing initiatives. This role will require you to innovate and develop new ways of analyzing the many dimensions of our games, our players, and our prospects. This includes the design and management of analytics solutions, analysis of performance, and development of insights.
What you’ll do
- Collaborate closely with the stakeholder teams to understand their brand and marketing objectives and plans
- Lead deep-dive analysis projects to answer specific business questions and inform decisions for each stage in game lifecycles (pre-launch, launch, live game, promotions, etc.)
- Create measurement plans, identify success metrics, establish benchmarking methodologies, and set targets
- Measure impact and ROI of publishing and marketing initiatives on brand health, player engagement, and revenue using A/B testing, brand lift, and causal inference models
- Analyze historical trends and develop strategic insights to inform planning of future campaigns and marketing initiatives
- Analyze in-game player behavior and use cohort analysis to monitor segment level performance trends over time
- Work with stakeholders and partners to establish best practices based on your findings
- Create, manage, and distribute data and insights utilizing analytics tools (SQL, Tableau, Python, R, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Write complex SQL queries or Python scripts to extract data from Snowflake to support ad-hoc and recurring analyses
- Build Tableau dashboards to support analytics and deep dive projects
- Lead or participate in presentations, gather feedback, and follow up with changes
What you’ll bring
- Technical or quantitative background in Mathematics, Economics, Statistics, Computer Science or Engineering
- Entry level professional experience in marketing/business/customer analytics
- Proven track record working with SQL, Excel, and either Python or R
- Proven track record working with Tableau, Datorama or comparable visualization tools
- Proven quantitative and analytical skills; ability to analyze raw data, draw conclusions, and develop and present actionable recommendations; experience with statistics and modelling techniques
- Knowledge of digital marketing, including one or more of the following:
o Multi-channel attribution analyses or Media Mix Modeling
o Digital marketing platforms – Salesforce, DV360, DCM
o Ad platforms such as Facebook, YouTube AdWords, etc.
o Web Analytics platforms (Adobe Analytics)
What to send our way
- Your CV, your expertise and/or related experience and skills.
Just a heads up: If you require a work permit, your eligibility may depend on your education and years of relevant work experience, as required by the government.
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 30 countries around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their commitment and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.