This job might no longer be available.
Data Analyst Intern
Orlando Florida United States
7 months ago
Data Analyst Intern (Summer 2020)
Must be available for a full-time paid internship between May and August 2020 in Orlando, FL - USA**
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs and cross-platform digital experiences. We create connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sports through industry-leading sports video games, including Madden NFL football, FIFA Soccer, NHL® hockey, NBA LIVE basketball, PGA TOUR® golf, and EA SPORTS UFC. For more information about us, including news, video, blogs, forums and game apps, please visit www.easports.com.
Role Overview: As a Data Analyst Intern, you will help our Sports Analytics team(s) analyze data to improve the player experience for our titles. Your analytical insights will help guide game design to improve acquisition, retention, and monetization.
- Manage and analyze large, distributed data sources to establish informed hypotheses
- Produce strategic insights on content performance and feature investment
- Present data findings as comprehensible reports that give business leaders clear direction
- Partner with business teams to manage data requirements that support high-quality reporting and analytics
- Support internal client questions by applying relevant data sets to inform the answer or solution
- Conduct analysis in adherence with company-wide best practices including version control, documentation, and reproducibility
- You are currently enrolled in a Bachelor's or Master's program and are slated to graduate after Summer 2020 (i.e. Fall 2020, Spring 2021, and beyond)
- You are proficient in SQL and understand how to query large sets of complex data
- You have experience with a programmatic data analysis tool (i.e. R or Python)
- You are somewhat familiar with data visualization applications (e.g. Tableau, Power BI, Shiny)
- You know how analyze large data sets to produce strategic insights that inform business decisions
- You understand how to communicate data to non-analyst audiences and create digestible reporting
- You are curious in your validation and cross-reference multiple sets of data to support your hypotheses
- You enjoy collaborating with teams to give and receive feedback as a partner in iteration
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.