Zynga is a leading developer of the world’s most popular social games that are played by millions of people around the world every single day. To-date, more than 1 billion people have played our games across Web and mobile, including Words With Friends, Fa rmVille , Zynga Poker, Merge Dragons, Empires & Puzzles, Hit it Rich! Slots and CSR.
Zynga’s data science and analytics team uses our unique and expansive data to model and predict user behavior, making our games more personalized and more fun to play! We strive for a better understanding of our players which translates into challenges and features that delight them and increased social engagement within our games.
Here’s where you would come in: identify and formalize problems to understand user behavior. Build systems and analyses to derive insights that change the studio’s world view. Be innovative, be creative, use every bit of that key commodity – data. Millions of people play Zynga games every day, so our data is tremendously rich and we have a lot of it!
We will rely on you to communicate your findings to your peers – both technical and non-technical. Your solutions to difficult problems will need to be demonstrably impactful, visual and maintainable. You will work with our game teams to put your model s into production. You will collaborate with Product Managers, Game Designers, and Engineers to deliver business impact, changing current practices in line with new findings and insights.
- Work with large amounts of data to find opportuni ties to improve player experience
- Deliver analytics and data science projects, balancing actionable insights to improve core game metrics
- Drive and empower game studio to make quantitatively informed, and evidence based decisions
- Work closely with game tea m to design, test, verify and implement machine learning models that impact millions of users
- Design and evaluate novel scalable approaches to experimentation and feature tuning
Required Skills and Experience:
- BE in Computer Science, Math, Statistics, Econ omics, or other quantitative field; Masters, MBA or PhD preferred
- 3+ years of work experience in data science or analytics roles
- Proficient in SQL; Proven experience with programming in Python; Adept in at least one visualization tool such as Tableau, or Q likView
- Demonstrated experience with some or all of the following: statistics, experimental design, machine learning, data mining, predictive modeling, deep learning
- Experience in analyzing large datasets, preferably in a Hadoop or Spark environment, and d eploying production ready systems at scale
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities
- Ability to collaborate effectively with engineers, product managers, analysts, and mark eting to deliver unambiguous business impact
- Strong passion for gaming!
WHAT WE OFFER YOU?
- Work in a studio that has complete P&L ownership of games
- Competitive salary, discretionary annual bonus scheme and Zynga RSUs
- Full medical, accident as well as life insurance benefits
- Catered breakfast, lunch and evening snacks
- Child care facilities for women employees and discounted facilities for male employees
- Well stocked pantry
- Generous Paid Maternity/Paternity leave
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Active Employee Resource Groups – Women at Zynga
- Frequent employee events
- Additional leave options for most employees
- Flexible working hours on many teams
- Casual dress every single day
- Work with cool people and impact millions of daily players!