Data Analyst, Finance
10 days ago
Niantic Finance seeks a Data Analyst to lead the way in designing, building and supporting critical data analysis for Revenue Accounting. Niantic's Finance team ensures that the company succeeds in a competitive global market by working together to keep the business running efficiently. This role will be the Finance team’s “go to” data professional and primarily supports Revenue Accounting and Finance special projects that will require data analysis and collaboration with engineering teams.
In this role, you will help build and maintain query logic for accounting analysis, item-based revenue recognition, player metrics, and audit tools. You will also work closely with Niantic’s Finance Data Engineering Team to help build out, test and improve our revenue accounting ETL and partner payments databases. Lastly, you will serve as a liaison between Finance, Data Engineering and Data Science as we work towards a shared goal of scaling process and systems in order to accommodate the future of Niantic.
- Run queries against a revenue database to produce monthly digital revenue reports and review the results for accuracy; investigate and seek out solutions to issues as they arise.
- Work with the revenue, data engineering and data science teams to design, implement and maintain various systems, analyses, processes vital to perform the Company’s item-based revenue recognition (e.g. consumable/durable split, player life estimations, IAP bundle allocations, paid vs earned currency, virtual currency holding periods, virtual good consumption patterns, etc).
- Perform and maintain the results of the company’s quarterly data analysis on user purchases and session data in support of revenue accounting.
- Work directly with the company’s Finance Data Engineering Team to maintain and improve the company’s revenue database.
- Lead internal audit initiatives, such as building data quality tools and process, collaborate with broader IT and Engineering teams in an effort to improve ITGC reliance.
- Assist external IT auditors and provide or present support requests to help complete annual audits or ad hoc systems control audits.
- Collaborate with data analytics team to validate financial data metrics for the FP&A team.
- Seek opportunities for systems improvements and data solutions that help Finance-team process scale as the company grows.
- Bachelor’s degree in statistics, analytics, finance/ accounting, computer science or another relevant field with at least 2 years of experience in a combination of business/analytics roles (e.g., data science/analytics, management consulting, or business operations).
- Experienced SQL ability and proficiency with 1+ programming languages (e.g., R or Python).
- Experience with finance and accounting operations, management reporting, and external audit requirements; understanding of basic finance and accounting concepts.
- Comfortable translating non-technical requirements to developers as well as technical concepts to non-developers.
- Comfortable working in a multifaceted and fast-paced environment and contributing to the refinement of data processes and controls.
- Strong written and verbal communication; ability to prepare and maintain process documentation.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current consumer titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and Harry Potter:Wizards Unite. Our developer platform, Lightship, launches soon.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.