This job might no longer be available.
Data Analyst (Deep Dive Analytics ∕ Tableau)
Montreal QC ca
6 months ago
We are looking for a passionate data analyst to join the Advanced Analytics and Data Science team within Ubisoft's Enterprise Data department. You will be exposed to a very diverse and large amount of data and take part in exciting projects mobilizing diverse experts including analysts, engineers, data scientists, dashboarding and automation experts.
You will work closely with various business teams, specifically those in charge of user accounts and security, to conduct analyses and make recommendations based on their needs. Depending on the mandate, you may use various tools and techniques from basic reporting to dashboarding to machine learning models. The idea is to leverage any knowledge and expertise you may have to deliver powerful results and insights.
The main responsibilities are:
- Contribute to the development of reports (for different teams) detailing the behaviour and interaction of users with the Ubisoft platform and products (« tracking system »);
- Provide systematic, reliable, meaningful data estimates;
- Build tools to showcase analysis results using technologies like Tableau;
- Deliver data analysis through charts and reports, which will be integrated in internal presentations;
- Conduct comparative analyses to identify patterns and trends;
- Propose relevant analyses (whether exploratory, descriptive or predictive) that meet the needs and have the maximum possible impact;
- Participate to the development of the tracking system, formulate recommendations to help improve the current process and the report templates.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, or a related field;
- Master’s degree is a plus;
- Data analytics/science related certification(s) is a plus.
- Minimum 4 years in a data analyst or data scientist role;
- Experience working with high volumes of data;
- Expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques.
Skills & Knowledge
- Excellent statistical skills and analytical mindset demonstrated through the use of statistical packages for analyzing datasets;
- Teradata and/or Hadoop (Spark, Informatica);
- Developing and maintaining ETL solutions;
- Good knowledge of Python or R;
- Good knowledge of relational databases and fluency in SQL;
- Good knowledge Tableau or similar tools;
- Ability of managing multiple projects simultaneously;
- Ability to communicate ideas easily to both functional and technical users through presentations;
- Ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy;
- Knowledge or interest in Machine Learning;
- Agile knowledge is a plus;
- Fluency in English is required.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
At Ubisoft Montreal, a preeminent developer of video games located in Montreal’s dynamic Mile-End neighbourhood since 1997, we offer a work environment unique in the industry for allowing you to build and cultivate games that are part of critically acclaimed, iconic AAA franchises of international repute.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary developers connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.