Data Analyst - Creator
2 months ago
Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn , Twitter and on our Blog .
About the Role
Data is central to Twitch's decision-making process, and analysts are a critical component to evangelize data-driven decision-making in all of our operations. As an analyst at Twitch, you will be on the ground floor with your team, shaping the way product performance is measured, defining what questions should be asked, and scaling analytics methods and tools to support our growing business, leading the way for high-quality, high velocity decisions for your team.
For this role, we're looking for an experienced product analyst who will help develop the strategy and evaluate/improve product initiatives within our Creator product team. You will be responsible to define and track KPIs , design experiments, evaluate A/B tests, implement data instrumentation, and inform on investment. Our ideal candidate is a "full-stack" data powerhouse who uses data to drive decision making to make the best products for our creators and their communities. Your input will be core to decision making across all major product strategies and initiatives that our team builds. You will work closely with product managers, technical program managers, engineering, data analysts, and organization leadership within and outside of the Creator organization. You will report to the Head of Creator Products.
- Inform product strategies by defining and updating core metrics for each initiative
- Establish analytical framework for your team: ad-hoc analysis, automated dashboards, and self-service reporting tools to surface key data to stakeholders
- Evaluate and forecast impact of product features on creators, viewers, and the entire Twitch ecosystem
- Design A/B experiments to drive product direction with iterative innovation and measurement
- Drive the team's analysis roadmap and prioritize the most valuable projects
- Dive deep into the data to understand how creator and viewer behaviors change with the evolution of our product
- Act as our team's thought leader on best practices and move towards long-term vision of sustainable and thriving data processes
- Own data collection and product instrumentation implementation and quality assurance
- Work hand-in-hand with business, product, engineering, and design to proactively influence and inform teammates' decisions throughout the product lifecycle
- 3+ years of domain experience in a mobile or consumer internet business, or in a high-velocity, high-growth product or team
- Expert fluency in SQL-based data manipulation
- Experience building aggregates and optimizing data workstreams
- Experience designing and assessing impact of A/B experiments in a fast-paced product development cycle
- High level of comfort creating dashboards in Tableau or comparable software
- Independence in determining and establishing data analysis priorities to balance ongoing projects with requests from multiple stakeholders
- An impact-oriented, customer-centric approach to data analysis
- Technical background and programming experience–especially R or Python
- Familiarity with machine learning techniques
- Experience building data products
- Passion about online communities, games, and Twitch
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- 401(k) , Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages , etc. ),
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.