Data Analyst (Contract)
13 days ago
WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
This position will primarily be responsible for supporting the data requirements of our E-Commerce and payments functions. The Data Analyst will work in a cross-functional team environment under the direction of the E-Commerce Manager with support and direction from the Analytics Business Intelligence Director. In addition to other responsibilities, this position will own and optimize processes and programming logic needed to capture, transform, maintain, and validate the quality of both internally and externally sourced data that is critical in our financial and accounting processes.
In This Role You Will
- Work across Accounting, E-Commerce, Finance, and Analytics teams sharing KPI-driven reporting and insights
- Build a deep understanding of our products and become an expert on all analytics data collected
- Develop and maintain standards for dashboards and reporting initiatives. This includes making sure data is visualized appropriately, creating consistent standards, and confirming that all data is accurate
- Work with data analysts to determine customer needs and visualize report outputs to clearly answer questions
- Support users of our self-service data pipeline to help them understand the data they are using and teach them appropriate methods to access and summarize the data
- Document requirements, develop, and deliver both written reports with analysis and charts on a dashboard
- Take accountability for the quality of data reported by our products, and work with engineering and QA to consistently monitor and improve our data
- Perform statistical data analysis and next level analyses to showcase the impacts of various decisions around the game
What We're Looking For
- Demonstrated skills in visualizing data, specifically utilizing Tableau
- Previous professional experience as a Business Intelligence or Statistical Data Analyst
- Passion for sharing data with others
- Overall desire to make things better
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated understanding of both contemporary video games and analytics best practices
- Passion for the gaming industry
- Experience in E-commerce analyst roles
- Preference to applications with experience in SQL, Hive, Presto, Distributed Computing
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Epic Games spans across 12 countries with 32 studios and 1,800+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.