Data Analyst 3
16 days ago
Zynga is a global leader in interactive entertainment with a mission to connect the world through games. To date, more than one billion people have played Zynga’s franchises including CSR Racing™, Empires & Puzzles™, Merge Dragons!™, Merge Magic!™, Toon Blast™, Toy Blast™, Words With Friends™ and Zynga Poker™. Zynga’s games are available in more than 150 countries and are playable across social platforms and mobile devices worldwide. Founded in 2007, the company is headquartered in San Francisco with locations in the U.S., Canada, the U.K., Ireland, India, Turkey, and Finland. For more information, visit www.zynga.com or follow Zynga on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, or the Zynga blog.
Zynga India is Zynga’s largest studio outside USA with 500+ people and growing rapidly. It manages some of Zynga’s biggest global games in the Casual Gaming, Action Strategy, Match-3, Slots, and Invest Express genres. The game teams are responsible for the long term-vision of the game, its entire Game Design & Tuning, Product Roadmap, Features, Content & Creative decisions, Art work (2D, 3D, Animation), Development, QA/Testing, Analytics & Performance Tracking, User Acquisition & Live Operations.
The Zynga India team is full of passionate gamers, who love to play, build great products, and have fun doing it. Studio I expects continued growth and is looking for strong leaders to expand the studio into this next growth phase.
Video link Zynga India
Zynga - India Studio
Work for a game company where tech meets creativity. Learn more about our Zynga – India Studio and apply for our open positions today!
Zynga’s data science and analytics team uses our unique and expansive data to model and predict user behavior, making our games more personalized and more fun to play! We strive for a better understanding of our players which translates into challenges and features that delight them and increased social engagement within our games.
Here’s where you would come in: identify and formalize problems to understand user behavior. Create systems and analyses to derive insights that change the studio’s world view. Be innovative, be creative, use every bit of that key commodity – data. Millions of people play Zynga games every day, so our data is tremendously rich and we have a lot of it!
We will rely on you to communicate your findings to your peers – both technical and non-technical. Your solutions to difficult problems will need to be demonstrably impactful, visual and maintainable. You will work with our game teams to put your models into production. You will collaborate with Product Managers, Game Designers, and Engineers to deliver business impact, changing current practices in line with new findings and insights.
- Work with large amounts of data to find opportunities to improve the experience that Zynga provides to its players
- Deliver analytics and data science projects that are aligned with the roadmap, and product goals - balancing actionable insights to substantially improve core game metrics
- Drive and empower game studio to make quantitatively informed, evidence based decisions through maintaining source of truth data sources and dashboards
- Work closely with game team to design, test, verify and implement machine learning models and product features with Zynga’s games that impact millions of users.
Required Skills and Experience
- BS in Computer Science, Math, Statistics, Economics, or other quantitative field; Masters, MBA or PhD preferred
- 7+ years of work experience in data science or analytics roles
- Fluent in SQL; Solid experience with programming in Python; Adept in at least one visualization tool such as Tableau, or QlikView
- Demonstrable experience with some or all of the following: statistics, experimental design, machine learning, deep learning
- Experience in analyzing large datasets, preferably in a Hadoop or Spark environment, and deploying production ready systems at scale
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities
- Ability to collaborate effectively with engineers, product managers, analysts, and marketing to deliver unambiguous business impact
- Strong passion for gaming!
What We Offer You
- Work in a studio that has complete P&L ownership of games.
- Create next-gen games that will be played and loved by millions of players around the world.
- Work in a collaborative team that invests in your development and growth on-the-job.
- Competitive salary, bonus plan and Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- 20 days annual leave + company holidays
- Extended medical coverage that includes OPD, dental, vision and telehealth
- Group Life, Disability and Critical Illness insurance
- Equitable Childcare facilities for all employees
- Virtual mental health and neurodiversity support programs
- Family planning and nurturing support programs
- Comprehensive leave options and flexible working hours to ensure work life balance.
- Keep your health on track with our wellbeing programs covering fitness expenses and complimentary meals served around the clock.
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Around the year employee events and casual dress every single day
- A diverse team of friendly, fun and supportive co-workers to work with and, impact millions of daily players.
- Re-engage with your special interest by being a part of our employee resource groups that connect Zyngites through inclusivity, culture, lifestyle and fun.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Zynga does not engage in financial exchanges during the recruitment or onboarding process. We do not conduct job interviews over third-party messaging apps such as Telegram, WhatsApp or others. We will never ask you for your personal or financial information over unofficial chat channels. Our in-house recruitment team only contacts individuals via official company email addresses (i.e., via a zynga.com or naturalmotion.com email domain).
If you believe you have been the victim of a scam, you may wish to contact the authorities. In the United States, you may file a complaint with the FBI. More information is available here: https://www.ic3.gov.