This job might no longer be available.
Senior Concept Artist - DICE
Stockholm Stockholm County Sweden
14 days ago
DICE (EA Digital Illusions Creative Entertainment), the award-winning studio based in Stockholm, Sweden, is best known for creating the phenomenally successful Battlefield franchise, the Star Wars: Battlefront franchise, and the very creative game Mirror’s Edge.
We work through our 4 guiding values: Passion with Purpose, Creative Innovation, Everything Quality, and One Community. Our people are the backbone and driving force to our creative products. As such, we are dedicated to providing everyone the chance to express themselves and be their very best with a common cause.
We're looking for a Senior Concept Artist, from both game and film backgrounds, to join our team of content creators and help push our products to the next level.
Who you will work with
As a studio we encourage career development, well-being and fun, which in the Concept Art team translates to a high degree of creative ownership, a democratic decision-making process and plenty of growth opportunities both inside and outside of the team. We promote realistic and sustainable planning to provide a healthy work-life balance. We also organize activities such as workshops, life drawing sessions and regular team building events to bring the team closer together and foster a fun and inclusive workplace.
What you will do
As a Senior Concept Artist you will help us push the visual quality of our games to the next level. On a daily basis you will report to the Art Director or Lead in your project, meeting to review your work and discuss progress about project deliveries. You will create a variety of concept art from sketches to paintings, storyboards, mood-boards, and paint-overs to support art, design, gameplay and storytelling.
You will also:
- Help establish and convey the Art Director's vision through a wide array of concept art.
- Create style guides for outsourcing briefs.
- Seek feedback on your work and give feedback to other artists in your team.
Who you are
Regardless if your background is in games or film, what's most important is what you bring to the table and that you have a basic understanding of game engines.
You are also someone with:
- 3+ years of experience as a Concept Artist in the video games or film industry.
- A collaborative and engaging attitude who is both motivated to share knowledge and coach peers and open for feedback yourself.
- An artistic eye and understanding of multiple visual media and techniques.
- A broad knowledge of composition, perspective, color theory, anatomy, real-world materials, and lighting.
- Intermediate knowledge regarding typography and graphic design.
- Experience with at least one 3D software package to use 3D as a foundation for paint work and pre-viz.
- A person who contributes to a collaborative, transparent and learning culture within the team and who takes an active interest in improving the craft.
Good for you to know
This is a permanent position and only applicants with a portfolio will be considered. As part of the application process we might ask you to perform a work assignment.
Even if your experience doesn’t perfectly match this job description we would love to hear from you and get to know you better. DICE is made up of people with different backgrounds and perspectives, so regardless of where you come from, we want you to apply if you want to become the next generation of DICErs.