DESIGN - Senior Multiplayer Mission Designer
14 days agoSenior Multiplayer Mission Designer
Sucker Punch is looking for a Senior Multiplayer Mission Designer who shares our passion for pushing creative limits and redefining expectations about what games can be. A successful candidate will have a passion for building robust, dynamic missions that provide fresh challenge and excitement for rookies and veterans alike. They’ll recognize how game design choices impact social dynamics and leverage them to enable great cooperative experiences for all players.
Our goal is to build missions that combines challenging combat encounters and cooperative mechanics together with beautiful environments and engaging stories. The Senior Multiplayer Mission Designer weaves together the creative output of multiple teams to build and refine a cohesive final product that is bigger than its individual parts.
- Drive the creative development of innovative mission content. Work closely with the other disciplines— writing, systems and layout design, programming, environment art, sound and music—to pull together all the pieces that create the immersive game of the year quality AAA missions.
- Provide guidance and mentorship to junior m ission designers, establishing best practices and maintaining consistently high-quality expectations.
- Build robust replayable missions that can provide fresh gameplay through multiple playthroughs.
- Design and implement large amounts of game content- build, playtest, and iterate on multiple missions, help to design and refine cooperative mechanics, and contribute feedback on all aspects of the multiplayer experience.
- Provide daily feedback and direction to all the contributors on your missions, driving rapid iteration so that we can meet our high-quality bar and reinforce the overall vision for the product.
- Create and manage tasks with clear deadlines across multiple missions.
- Work with the Layout Designers and Environment Artists to develop mission and encounter locations.
- Help refine content creation processes, documentation, pipelines, and propose new content authoring tools and techniques.
- Communicate and coordinate across multiple disciplines to refine the concept-to-ship content creation process.
- Work closely with the Project Directors and other Leads to ensure quality across the game.
- Continuously strive to push the quality bar higher.
- Demonstrated ability to design, script, and balance high-quality content in a dynamically changing production environment.
- At least 5 years of game design production experience as a mission designer, level designer or similar leadership role in content creation.
- At least 2 years of experience working on multiplayer content.
- Outstanding communication skills and the ability to lead and direct a small multi-disciplinary team to create content.
- Proven track record of developing engaging content.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Layout / Level design skills.
- Experience with programming or scripting languages (C#,LUA, Python, etc).