This job might no longer be available.
Systems Software Developer
9 days ago
About our organization: EA SPORTS is one of the most iconic brands in sports & entertainment with nearly 30 years of innovation, passion, and connection of millions of players across the globe to their favourite sports, teams, and athletes. We are creating a team to build a new unannounced AAA EA SPORTS product across platforms. This is your opportunity to join this new team to shape the future of interactive entertainment and create the next great EA SPORTS game.
About our team: We are starting a new team composed of a mixture of veterans of EA/EA SPORTS and new talent from across industries. With some of the most valuable sports IP in the world, and the resources EA has to offer, we have access to the capabilities needed to deliver amazing new experiences for an expanded audience of players worldwide.
About the role: As a Systems Software Engineer, you will help push our primary systems and shared engine into the future. Our systems engineers maintain a broad view of the game and engine systems. They look for ways to improve performance, utility and enhance workflows across our development team. You will report to the Technical Director.
- Debug, fix and improve existing code.
- Provide well-tested and high-quality new features that meet requirements.
- Understand how technical implementation impacts performance and memory budgets.
- Collaborate with other teams and domains on solutions.
- Experience creating software development.
- Interest in systems-level work.
- Experience going into unknown code and figuring out how it works.
- Experience debugging optimised code.
- Experience with performance and memory profiling tools.
- Experience in embedded systems or engine development.
- Experience with parallel programming, resource management, and hardware architecture.
- 5+ years of programming experience with C++
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The base salary ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these states. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the base salary range for your specific location. EA has listed the base salary ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Salary offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
BASE SALARY RANGES
- California (depending on location e.g., Los Angeles vs. Sacramento): º $143,150 - $221,750
- New York (depending on location e.g., Manhattan vs. Buffalo): º $130,600 - $221,750
- Jersey City, NJ: º $130,600 - $221,750
- Washington (depending on location e.g., Seattle vs. Spokane): º $130,600 - $210,000
- Colorado (depending on location e.g., Denver vs. Colorado Springs): º $130,600 - $181,850
Base salary is just one part of the compensation at EA. We also offer a package of benefits including paid time off (3 weeks per year to start), 80 hours per year of sick time, 16 paid company holidays per year, 10 weeks paid time off to bond with baby (following 1 year of service), medical/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, and 401(k) to regular full-time employees. Certain roles may also be eligible for bonus and equity.#torontohiring #remote#torontohiring #remote
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.