Cyber Security Engineer
19 days ago
At Improbable, we believe that the next revolution in entertainment and society will come from massive virtual worlds. They will create new economies and opportunities globally, changing not just how we play, but how we work and relate to each other. That’s why we’ve made it our mission to build the next generation of technologies for online multi-user games and simulations. At Improbable, you are surrounded by people who want to improve everything and everyone around them, and who compel you to improve yourself. We’re motivated by the fulfilment of solving hard problems to achieve something profound and transformative.
Your mission is to secure the business and enable those within it to work securely as we expand into the Metaverse with M2.
This is a hands-on technical role with the ioIT security team, this team has been formed with the goal of providing a consistent security baseline of controls, as we align to external security governance frameworks such as ISO27001. The expectation of which you will help deliver and implement.
Working cross-functionally across multiple teams, you’ll become an evangelist for all things security related, aiming to foster and encourage a culture across the business that security is important to everyone, and why. You’ll take opportunities to promote this culture where you find it, from your work on pull requests to direct interactions with engineers.
You’ll grow other engineers and the wider business in the appreciation of security as a business enabler and a shared concern for all. Using your experience within security, you will play a pivotal role in shaping the technical strategy for both platform and product security, as well as handling security incidents, whenever they occur.
Working on existing critical services to the business, you'll find ways to extend and improve the security aspects of our product offering. You’ll be involved both from early ideas (identifying gaps in designs) through to deployment and long term usage for a service or solution.
Areas of impact
- Deliver security tooling improvements which enable us to automate more of the routine work , freeing up the team to innovate and improve on the security of our systems
- Deliver a central security strategy around access management, supporting secure remote work enablement.
- Ensure our platforms deliver robust security controls so they are able to protect the valuable IP of our customers and the experiences of the players
- Providing a secure baseline for the company, making it easy to do the right thing.
- Phishing detection, abuse reporting and threat intelligence.
We'd like to hear from you if you identify with the following:
- Experience with security automation and tooling.
- Software engineering experience ideally with a working knowledge of Golang and python
- Experience with Cloud Native security tools & Kubernetes Security
- Experience with Security design and threat modelling.
- Experience of secure operations practices, and bringing these to cloud environments.
- Experience securing with Cloud Infrastructure such as AWS, GCP, Azure or any other large scale cloud platforms.
- Experience using modern engineering practices, processes, and tools.
- Experience in Secure development practices, and integration into broader engineering activities.
- Experience carrying out Security audits, penetration tests, and/or bug bounty program
- You are experienced with zero trust access technologies and their deployment such as Google IAP, Hashicorp Boundary .
- You are motivated by a desire to learn and to share your knowledge with others and shine in an environment of shared learning.
- Experience integrating with the platforms via restful APIs and webhooks.
- You are are familiar with operating in production, inside cloud-native infrastructure using one or more large scale cloud platforms
- You are customer focussed and enjoy solving problems to help teams succeed.
- Experience building and growing security functions and maturity within a business.
While we think the above experience could be important, we’re keen to hear from people that believe they have valuable experience to bring to the role. If you identify with the team and mission, but not all of our requirements, then please still apply
Improbable is determined to foster an environment where people can do their best work and feel like they belong. We believe a healthy culture, strong values and contribution from a diverse range of individuals will help us to achieve success.
We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, gender, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.