Customization Designer - Diablo IV | Albany, NY or Irvine, CA
13 days ago
Job Title:Customization Designer - Diablo IV | Albany, NY or Irvine, CA
The minions of Hell are growing stronger...
Are you a skilled Designer? Come work with us, and together we will build something exceptional.
Our team of skilled developers is growing. Our backgrounds are diverse, but we all share a real passion for what we do. We’re looking for a mid-level Customization Designer, and we believe that if you’re looking for a tight-knit crew that celebrates self-expression and embraces collaboration, we might be a phenomenal fit for you.
In this role you'll be part of a team responsible for creating engaging customization features that allow our players to express themselves through personalized game experiences. Here, you’ll find yourself working with a talented team of designers, programmers, and artists to help create, implement, and tune these features for Diablo 4.
The ideal candidate will have a love of game design, strong skills in critical thinking and analysis, phenomenal communication skills, boundless creativity, knowledge of Diablo games, and a longstanding passion for playing video games.
This role is anticipated to be a hybrid work position, with some work on-site and some work-from-home. The potential home studio for this role is Albany, NY or Irvine, CA.
- Design engaging player customization systems and content to support them
- Work with Product Management to define customization features that support monetization and meet the needs of our players
- Analyze performance of live service features using player feedback, business insights, and telemetry data
- Analyze existing workflows and tools to determine necessary improvements
- Data input and management for customization features
- Input data in the game engine for things like store offers and battle pass rewards
- Set up data encryption on store products to ensure they aren’t leaked ahead of schedule
- Identify and fix data related content issues
- 3+ years of relevant experience in systems design, content design, or combination of applicable training and experience
- Extensive experience developing or playing live service titles, especially action RPGs
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Exceptional interpersonal, verbal, and written communications skills
- Able to communicate effectively with programming, design, art, QA, and production
- Strong sense of what makes a fun and compelling experience for game systems
- Strong game design philosophies and understanding
- Outstanding self-motivation and initiative
- Passion for video games, especially Blizzard Entertainment titles
- Design experience on a live service game
- User Interface design experience
- Prior work experience or education in other (non-design) fields: art, programming, production, or sound
- A familiarity with scripting languages and AAA game engines (such as Unreal or Unity)
- Experience using excel to manage content, track data, or visually display complex systems
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
At Blizzard Entertainment, we pour our hearts and souls into everything we create. Best known for iconic video game universes including Warcraft, Overwatch, Diablo, and StarCraft, we’ve been creating genre-defining games for millions of players around the world for more than 30 years. We’re on a quest: bring our dreams to life and craft the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Hard work, iteration and polish go into the Blizzard “secret recipe,” but the most important ingredients come from talented people who share our vision. If that sounds like you, join us.
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, among other characteristics.
We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered! Subject to eligibility requirements, the Company offers comprehensive benefits including:
- Medical, dental, vision, health savings account or health reimbursement account, healthcare spending accounts, dependent care spending accounts, life and AD&D insurance, disability insurance;
- 401(k) with Company match, tuition reimbursement, charitable donation matching;
- Paid holidays and vacation, paid sick time, floating holidays, compassion and bereavement leaves, parental leave;
- Mental health & wellbeing programs, fitness programs, free and discounted games, and a variety of other voluntary benefit programs like supplemental life & disability, legal service, ID protection, rental insurance, and others;
- If the Company requires that you move geographic locations for the job, then you may also be eligible for relocation assistance.
Eligibility to participate in these benefits may vary for part time and temporary full-time employees and interns with the Company. You can learn more by visiting https://www.benefitsforeveryworld.com/ .In the U.S., the standard base pay range for this role is $29.81 - $55.14 Hourly. This base pay range is for the U.S. and is not applicable to locations outside of the U.S. Actual amounts will vary depending on experience, performance and location. In addition to a competitive base pay, employees in this role may be eligible for incentive compensation. Incentive compensation is not guaranteed.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.