This job might no longer be available.
Customer Support Agent, Risk
Portland, Oregon, United States
4 months ago
Skillz is driving the future of entertainment by accelerating the convergence of sports, video games and media for an exploding mobile-first audience worldwide. The company’s platform empowers mobile game developers and players with democratized access to fun, fair and skill-based competition for real prizes, shifting the paradigm to make eSports accessible to anyone, anywhere with a mobile device.
Skillz helps developers build multi-million dollar game franchises by turning content into competitive social gaming properties for the world’s 2.6 billion gamers. The company has already worked with 13,000 game developers, leveraging its patented technology to host over 800 million tournaments for 18 million players worldwide.
This year, Skillz was recognized as one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies and CNBC Disruptor 50(for the second time). In 2018, Skillz was listed as one of Forbes’ Next Billion-Dollar Startups and Entrepreneur Magazine’s 100 Brilliant Companies. In 2017, Inc. Magazine ranked Skillz the No. 1 fastest-growing private company in America.
The company is backed by leading venture capitalists, media companies, and professional sports luminaries, ranging from Liberty Global, Accomplice, Wildcat Capital, Telstra Ventures, and a founder of Great Hill Partnersto the owners of the New England Patriots, Milwaukee Bucks, New York Mets, and Sacramento Kings.
Who we’re looking for:
Do you enjoy investigating and catching suspicious behavior? Are you a great communicator who can convey sensitive topics in a clear manner? Do you like testing apps and playing games as part of your job? We’re looking for someone who is passionate about ensuring our players have a fun and safe experience with an analytical mindset and a great attention to detail.
What You Will Do:
- Respond to player questions and concerns about payments and exploitative behavior
- Investigate and process alerts and account reviews to catch fraudulent behavior
- Use data to make informed decisions regarding suspicious accounts
- Respond to player disputes
- Identify and escalate issues/bugs as needed to appropriate party
- Completing ad hoc projects to support the Player Support team
- 1 + years of support experience
- Mature and self-motivated with a positive, professional attitude
- Excellent Communicator, can take complicated issues and make them easy to understand and convey
- Decision Maker, Ability to take all the information and make an informed and data driven decision
- Empathetic, passionate about helping players with their issues, but know when to say no and shut down bad player behavior
- Willingness to work weekends
- Experience with payments, fraud and/or risk prevention is a plus