Customer Success Manager
12 days ago
Skillz is the leading mobile games platform connecting players in fair, fun, and meaningful competition.
The gaming industry is larger than movies, music, and books, with more than 2.7 billion gamers playing monthly and 10 million developers worldwide. Mobile is the fastest-growing segment of the gaming market, expected to increase from $86 billion last year to $161 billion in 2025.
As the first publicly-traded (NYSE: SKLZ) mobile esports platform, Skillz has pioneered the future of the gaming industry. The Skillz platform helps developers build multi-million dollar franchises by enabling social competition in their games. Leveraging its patented technology, Skillz hosts billions of casual esports tournaments for millions of mobile players worldwide, and distributes millions in prizes each month.
Through its philanthropic initiatives, Skillz has harnessed the power of its platform to transform the way nonprofits engage with donors, enabling anyone with a mobile device to support causes such as the American Red Cross , Susan G. Komen , American Cancer Society , and NAACP by playing in Skillz tournaments.
Skillz has also earned recognition as one of Fast Company’s Best Workplaces for Innovators , San Francisco Business Times’ Best Places to Work , Parity.org’s Best Companies for Women to Advance , Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies , a two-time winner of CNBC’s Disruptor 50 , one of Forbes’ Next Billion-Dollar Startups , and the #1 fastest-growing company in America on the Inc. 5000.
What We’re Looking For :
This position is a critical customer facing role with responsibility for revenue growth development and retention for Skillz’s largest and most important gaming publishers/developers/studios. We’re seeking a passionate Customer Success Manager with extensive, high-touch client management skills to become part of the developer success team within our large account portfolio. The Customer Success Manager will be responsible for onboarding new strategic studios to the Skillz platform. CSM will focus on the use and adoption of our full suite of platform technologies and allied solutions, as they become available, and be the primary point-of-contact and trusted advisor to our clients over the long-term.
What You Will Do :
- Onboard new studios to the Skillz platform.
- Become a trusted advisor with clients by deeply understanding their business and aligning their needs to our solutions.
- Develop and execute account plans and strategies that support key business metrics including client retention, revenue growth and profitability.
- Provide expertise on our SDK, roadmap of technology and streaming offerings, assist on upgrade planning and advise on key features and functionality allowing the customer to execute their strategies for growth with us
- As governed by the account planning process, serve as customer advocate internally, while effectively collaborating with internal, cross-functional teams including product management, customer support, engineering, sales operations and finance
- Lead ongoing strategic customer meetings to communicate and drive best practices, customer success and business results; facilitate quarterly business reviews & executive meetings
- Provide regular analysis of customer performance metrics to deliver consultative internal business reviews which result in strategic recommendations, best practices and process improvements to ensure they derive maximum value from their investment i.e.ROI
Your Skillz :
- 3+ years SaaS/High Tech industry experience successfully managing and expanding Strategic Client Relationships
- Strong strategic consultative selling and customer relationship management experience focusing on Enterprise B2B and B2B2C customer segment
- Significant experience in engaging and facilitating dialogue with C-level and senior executives in SMB organizations
- Success in working in a “fast paced” environment leveraging using tools like Salesforce.com and formal sales methodologies like Miller Heiman/SPIN
- Excellent communication skills (written/verbal) that are leveraged to address complex business issues and opportunities
- Experience based “Issue Resolution” skills that facilitate dialogue across all levels of a business including the C-suite
- Strong individual contributor who desires results based performance
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills
- Bachelor’s Degree required
Skillz embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to diversifying our workforce, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, gender, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or disability status, and we operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance .
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.