Customer Service Representative
1 month ago
TITLE: Customer Support Rep.
DATE: Aug 2021
REPORTS TO: Manager, Social Media & Community
Responsible for all aspects of Customer Support, including but not limited to: responding to customer inquiries; managing the Customer Service knowledge base (database); writing knowledge base (database) articles; reviewing, verifying and escalating Consumer Reports of issues with titles and releases; evaluating and compiling reports summarizing customer feedback; collaborating with Capcom global and first-party support teams; assisting various other departments (marketing, community, digital product, submissions, etc.) as needed.
- Responsible for handling and responding to Customer Service inquiries via the knowledge base and miscellaneous correspondence in a timely manner.
- Use, build, maintain, and update the knowledge base as a tool for customer support and self-service for customers.
- Monitor incoming inquiries via the knowledge base to evaluate best responses and route to other appropriate departments and international teams when warranted.
- Troubleshoot technical issues, including testing current games, and ensure customers get the most out of their gameplay experience.
- Use all available resources to ensure that approved information is easily available to the consumer via the knowledge base.
- Process physical product replacements for defective games (both in warranty & out of warranty).
- Work with multiple departments throughout Capcom and first parties to collect data and document technical issues for newly released game titles to share with development teams.
- Work with multiple departments to assist in confirming and tracking live dates for product releases, digital sales promotions for titles, etc. as needed and as time permits.
- Work with multiple departments to prepare for, as well as identify any concerns or issues related to, upcoming game launches.
- Evaluate incoming inquiries to identify common trends among reported issues and escalate customer feedback about our games on an ongoing basis.
- Coordinate with Capcom Japan Customer Support team to share visibility on current and ongoing issues to identify and track customer inquiries.
- Ensure communication to customers is professional and timely. Work with Communications team to draft appropriate responses that are in line with company and product messaging.
- Work with legal and other relevant teams to resolve customer complaints, including Better Business Bureau (BBB) inquiries.
- Assist the Social Media and Community team in monitoring customer feedback via forums and social media channels, then report back any issues or concerns as needed.
- Assist with demoing games at events. Some domestic travel may be required.
- Other projects as assigned by supervisor.
- 2-3 years experience in Customer Service environment, preferably with console, handheld, and PC games.
- MS Office knowledge required.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills required.
- Must have a combination of professionalism, organizational, multi-tasking, technical, and problem solving skills, plus the flexibility to adapt as Capcom’s needs evolve.
- Possesses a demonstrated ability to work independently and be self-directed when necessary, as well as the ability to work and accomplish goals in a team environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills and adaptable personality.
- Proactive, well-organized planner that can work independently to set schedules and manage multiple deadlines at any time.
- Ability to multi-task and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Team player with a can-do attitude that thrives on collaboration and contribution.
- Adaptable and solution-oriented in high-stress situations.
- Critical thinker who can evaluate trends and formulate actionable goals.
- Strong familiarity with at least some Capcom brands preferred.
Knowledge of video games required. Must be proficient with console/PC video games, issues unique to online gameplay including moderation and GM responsibilities, and installation / hardware / software / other technical issues.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.