Customer Service Associate
14 days ago
BioShock, Borderlands, Battleborn, Civilization, Mafia, NBA 2K, WWE 2K, XCOM… and the list is growing. Since 2K began 13 years ago, we’ve been creating games that we are proud of, and are excited to play ourselves. It’s because of the support of our fans that we are able to innovate, explore new worlds and new ways to tell stories. If we’re being 100 percent honest, a lot of us were fans before we started working here.
As one of the most recognized and talented technology companies in the world today, we strive to hire team members who are customer centric, motivated and who have experiences that bring new perspectives to the company. We seek the best talent and provide experiences to foster a fun and engaging atmosphere. We are looking for team members that are not afraid to learn as well as work hard, while having fun at the same time. We offer an extensive benefits package for full-time employees that includes medical, dental, vision, 401k and ESPP.
Our Customer Service Associates handle 2K’s highest level of service issues to ensure our customer’s issues are resolved in an effective and timely manner. You provide knowledge and expertise to the Tier 1 and Tier 2 Customer Service Representatives, while optimally resolving any service-related issues. Reports to the Customer Service Manager or Lead.
- Be the face for customer service issues advanced from Tier 1 and Tier 2 support staff
- Deliver timely, accurate and respectful follow up to customer questions and issues
- Build deep knowledge of 2K products
- Have in depth knowledge of troubleshooting on PCs, Sony, and Microsoft consoles
- Take ownership of Customer Service incidents and work to successfully resolve them
- Interact effectively with customers and internal developers
- Advance issues as needed
- Assist in generating training materials and customer facing documentation
- Become the subject matter authority for Tier 1 and Tier 2 support
- Work in a team environment with other customer service associates
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Technically proficient with PC’s and gaming consoles
- Computer literacy, specifically MS Suite and G Suite
- Basic understanding of source control
- Ability to quickly learn customer service-based tools and techniques
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Minimum age of 18 years and above
- 2+ years Customer Service experience
- Proficient in Windows and MS Office
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of current video game platforms and related hardware
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with various 2K teams and customers
- Reliable and can be counted on to work all scheduled shifts
- Capable of working any mandatory overtime; which can occur during the work week, weekends, and holidays
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English, in both written and oral forms
- Ability to sit for long periods of time and to lift up to 20 lbs. occasionally with or without assistance
- Previous customer support experience in an online environment
- Familiarity with Zendesk, helpdesk software or issue/bug tracking tools
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com accounts.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.