Customer Experience Associate - PM
San Francisco, California, United States
22 days ago
Who are we? We're a steadfast, diverse, and dedicated Customer Experience team here at Discord.
We're looking for that 'special spark' in someone who can keep the flames of sincere passion and determination burning bright for all of our longtime and new users alike!
What you'll be doing
- Working the PM Shift:
- Tues 11am- 9pm; Wed-Sat 3pm - 12am
- Position is 80% 'Work At Home', 20% 'In-Office' (when applicable).
- Candidates should be local (San Francisco Bay Area) or willing to relocate as you will be required to be in the office 1-2 times a week (once CA shelter-in-place has fully lifted).
- Responds to customer inquiries by understanding inquiry; reviewing previous inquiries and responses; gathering and researching information; assembling and forwarding information; verifying customer’s understanding of information and answer.
- Identify and escalate issues appropriately and effectively.
- Participate in social media efforts and messaging.
- Monitor social efforts to ensure rapid response to emerging trends and opportunities.
- It’s your responsibility to guard the watchtower and monitor social for any issues that may arise at a local or global level.
What you should have
- A cover letter; this is mandatory! Don't skip this one!
- Previous customer support experience.
- Must be extremely adaptable schedule-wise. While you will be working 80% at night meetings and other business activities happen during the day and you may be expected to attend in person or virtually.
- Hands-on experience with support ticketing applications (e.g. Zendesk) a plus!
- Extraordinary communication skills, both written and verbal with serious attention to detail!
- Ability to work extremely well under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- An ability to work with a team remotely and stay up to date on known issues and changes to the app and everyday workflow.
- Possess strong problem solving, troubleshooting and people skills.
- Strong passion for helping solve user issues, with unwavering patience and empathy
- Technical aptitude: a knowledge of desktop and mobile operating systems.
- Familiarity with social media management tools.
- Previous exposure in supporting web applications.
Benefits and Perks
- Medical insurance including Health, Dental, Vision
- 13 paid holidays
- Unlimited sick days
- Parental Leave and fertility benefits
- Supported-employee clubs and Employee Resource Groups
- Commuter Contributions of $270 a month (pretax)
- Daily lunches and unlimited snacks
- Monthly gym and fitness stipend
Discord is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting an inclusive work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We value diversity, inclusion, and aim to provide a sense of belonging for everyone.