Customer Care Manager
10 days ago
Sago Mini is an award-winning publisher of preschooler apps and toys worldwide. Supported by a team of artists, designers, developers, product managers, thinkers, and doers who are devoted to play. With over 60 million downloads, three subscription services, 35+ apps, and a line of physical toys, Sago Mini brings thoughtful design to life for kids and parents worldwide.
You want to make an impact doing something you love with people you like. You’re great at conflict resolution and possess a high degree of self-awareness. Your colleagues across all departments love working with you because you get. stuff. done. and make them laugh while you’re doing it.
About the Role
Sago Mini is seeking an experienced Customer Care Manager who's excited to help us support our customers in all things Sago, from our existing award-winning digital offerings and consumer goods to the next big thing we're dreaming up.
You’ll build and develop an amazing team of Customer Care Advocates who will support our customers across all of our digital and physical initiatives. As the first point of contact for Sago’s fan base, you and your team will be Sago’s brand ambassadors, and will be experts on our offering and our customers.
What You'll Be Doing
- Responding to and resolving all customer service requests
- Tracking and reporting on customer service KPIs and metrics to identify successes and where we can improve
- Manage the refund and credit process for customers
- Oversee customer care for our subscription-based digital apps and play boxes
- Work with multiple product owners and external stakeholders, defining the realm of customer care
- Evaluate current tools and make recommendations based on product needs
- Research and stay up-to-date on customer care best practices
- Package replacement product and fan packs and ship to customers
- Check-in with our product teams to provide relevant feedback from our customers
- Manage additional customer care team members as we grow
Qualifications and Skills
- 5+ years of relationship management, from team members to customers
- 2+ years managing a customer-facing team
- Experience with the life cycle of subscription-based services
- You are a detective sleuth and have a strong desire to dig deep and problem solve, often having to grab a QA device and reproduce the issue yourself
- Enthusiasm for providing the best-in-class customer care and making people happy
- Excellent communication skills - you find it easy to talk to people in person and over email
- High level of understanding, patience, and empathy
- Ability to navigate difficult interactions with professionalism
- You believe there's a solution to every problem, big or small
Nice to Have
- Ability to effectively manage a team and the customer care function in a remote environment
- Experience in Mobile, JIRA, Amazon Kindle, and fraud
- Experience in Chargebee and Stripe
- Experience building and mentoring a team in a start-up environment
- Background with SaaS and/or Consumer Products customer service solutions and strategies
- Demonstrated ability to implement strategic plans within a quickly growing organization
- Great presentation skills and a gift for synthesizing data into understandable chunks and actionable tasks
About the Process
- You’ll get an email response confirming we’ve received your application, and we’ll let you know within a few days if we’d like to schedule a follow-up.
- If you’re moving ahead, we’ll book a call to learn more about your experience. Then we’ll send you a short homework assignment to get a better feel for your skillset.
- If the assignment goes well, we’ll book another interview to dive deeper prior to making a decision.
Based in Toronto, Sago Mini is a subsidiary of Toca Boca, the No. 1 mobile-first kids brand in the App Store. Both companies are part of Spin Master Corp., a global children’s entertainment company that creates, designs and manufactures a diversified portfolio of innovative toys, games, products and entertainment properties. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people who care about doing great work. Sago Mini is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity at our company.