Engineering Manager - App Experience
14 days ago
Roblox, Engineering Manager, App Experience, San Mateo, CA
Join an amazing team that’s building the future of play. Every month, over 160 million monthly active players come to Roblox to immerse themselves in any game or experience imaginable. Players can create the ultimate theme park, compete as a professional race car driver, star in a fashion show, become a superhero, or simply build a dream home and hang out with friends. Today, more than 29 million user-generated games and experiences have been published on the platform, all created by a talented community of 1.9 million creators.
As an Engineering Manager, App Experience , you’ll be in charge of ensuring the user experience is flawless for all the parts of the roblox app on all our platforms. As a key part of our client developpement you will be working very closely with our designers and all our product vertical teams (avatar, social, economy, search and discovery, …) . If you are an experienced technical leader with keen attention to UI/UX details and is driven by building the perfect experience for your users, you’ll be right at home within our highly-skilled and rapidly growing app group.
- Battle ready: You have 2+ years of management experience, already managed 5+ engineers, built engineering teams from scratch and want to do it again.
- Experienced : You have 5+ years of experience building critically acclaimed consumer applications that impact millions of users' lives. You own a BS in Computer Science, MS/PhD are a definite plus.
- Detail Oriented : You not only love to build pixel perfect applications but you also enjoy enabling designers by applying your technical knowledge to help build their vision. You always thrive to build a flawless user experience...
- Charismatic : You are used to lead engineers, love to earn their respect and can make them accomplish the impossible .
- Creative : You take a creative and strategic approach to solving hard people and technical problems.
- Build the app experience team and lead them while they empower our designer teams to fulfil their vision.
- Mentor engineers and team leads to make sure your team expertise grows over time.
- Work closely with your product partners to define the roadmap and lead the project execution.
- Collaborate closely with other engineering teams, product and design to enforce a flawless user experience and build the tool necessary to support the effort.
- Ensure the experience matches the user expectation for current platforms (Xbox, Desktop, Mobile and Tablet) and define how the experience should be for upcoming ones...
- Be guided by the company vision to put the Roblox community first and represent the company through thought leadership.
Perks & Benefits:
- Work with an awesome team of smart and motivated people on cool and unique projects that are used by millions of active users every day
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar and rockstar status with our community
- Free catered lunches and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Robust medical, dental and vision insurance
- Fitness reimbursement program
- 401K program
- Pre-tax commuter program
- Unlimited vacation policy
Roblox is the largest social platform for play that allows kids to imagine, create, and play together in immersive 3D worlds. Over 29 million user-generated online games have been produced on the Roblox platform with over 130 million monthly active players visiting Roblox every month to create adventures, play games, roleplay, and learn with friends in a family-friendly environment. Roblox is accessible on all modern smartphones, tablets, desktops, Xbox One, Oculus Rift, and other popular VR platforms. In 2017, Roblox was named to the Inc. 5000 list of Fastest-Growing Private Companies in America for the second consecutive year.
Roblox – Powering Imagination.