This job might no longer be available.
Curriculum Specialist - Mathematics, Pre-K - 2nd Grade (Remote - United States)
12 days ago
Age of Learning is a leading education technology innovator based in Glendale, California, with a talented team of more than 600 individuals comprised of nationally-renowned educators, curriculum experts, developers, artists, writers, designers, engineers, producers, product managers, analysts and marketing experts! Together we develop engaging, effective digital learning technology and content to help children build a strong academic foundation for lifelong success.
Our flagship product ABCmouse.com
Early Learning Academy ® is a comprehensive online curriculum and the #1 digital learning product for young children. To-date, more than 30 million children worldwide have completed over 8 billion Learning Activities on ABCmouse. We recently launched Adventure Academy, the first massively multiplayer online (MMO) game designed specifically to help elementary- and middle-school-aged children learn. It features thousands of engaging Learning Activities—including minigames, books, original animated and live action series, and more—in a fun and safe virtual world. Other Age of Learning programs include immersive English language learning products for children in China and Japan; ReadingIQ, a digital library and literacy platform; and a groundbreaking personalized, adaptive digital learning system that individualizes math instruction for every child through AI-driven technology.
We are committed to helping all children succeed. We provide our educational programs at no cost to teachers, Head Start programs, public libraries, and other community organizations, and have served millions of children through these initiatives. We recently established the Age of Learning Foundation to expand this work globally.
As we expand our global reach and increase the educational impact of our programs, we’re looking for passionate, ambitious, and collaborative leaders to become a part of our growing team.
Math Curriculum Specialists work closely with other Curriculum team members to research and review learning standards and trajectories in math and then write curriculum plans related to specified learning objectives. They also collaborate with a team of talented educators, game designers, artists, animators, engineers, and producers to develop the digital learning experiences based on those plans.
This position reports to the Director, Curriculum Planning and Design and will be focused on developing content primarily centered on early childhood mathematics, with an emphasis on grades Pre-K to 2. The ideal candidate has a commitment to excellence, attention to detail, and exceptional communication skills. This person thrives within a fast-paced, ever-changing work environment and is comfortable making decisions amid ambiguous inputs.
- Collaborate with curriculum team members to develop highly detailed knowledge maps that describe all of the concepts, principles, and skills needed for a learner to demonstrate mastery of a topic, and include methodical unpacking of standards and sequencing and correlating of objectives for all math topics covered in grades PreK through 2 (e.g., identifying precursor, successor, and correlation relationships)
- Ensure application of current best-practice approaches in the teaching of mathematics concepts, principles, information and skills content and pedagogy
- Write clear, detailed, and precise specifications for the development of engaging learning activities research-based trajectories, supports, and scaffolds
- Develop and user test learning hypotheses based on research, learning science, and experience
- Review activities for developmental appropriateness and instructional integrity
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional teams including game designers, artists, engineers, and producers
- Work in an organized and flexible manner to meet established deadlines and evolving priorities
- Deep understanding of the ways in which children learn
- Experienced and skilled critical thinker capable of deep analysis of concepts, principles, skills, and data used to drive curriculum development
- Exemplary communicator, especially in writing, with an emphasis on clarity, organization, and word precision
- Skilled and flexible collaborator
- Deep experience with, and understanding of, appropriately developed and scaffolded learning
- 5+ years of classroom teaching experience in grades Pre-K to 2.
- 2+ years of commercial curriculum development experience
- Bachelor’s degree in education or another related education field (e.g., elementary education)
- Preferred graduate degree in education or another related field (e.g., early childhood)
Age of Learning currently provides:
• 90% - 100% of health and welfare benefit premiums
• A 401(k) program with employer match
• 15 paid vacation days, 11 observed national paid holidays plus 9 sick days
• Our flexible work culture means 2 or more days in the office (hybrid) or 100% fully remote options available for most positions
• Team bonding events and a highly collaborative environment
• Access to our internal DEI Task Force that focuses on ensuring our products represent all children on a global scale
• Opportunities for professional growth through professional learning and development programs
• Commitment to Equal Opportunity Employment in addition to an inclusive and supportive company culture
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.