Curriculum Project Manager
17 days ago
Age of Learning is a leading education technology innovator based in Glendale, California, with a talented team of more than 600 individuals comprised of nationally-renowned educators, curriculum experts, developers, artists, writers, designers, engineers, producers, product managers, analysts and marketing experts! Together we develop engaging, effective digital learning technology and content to help children build a strong academic foundation for lifelong success.
Our flagship product ABCmouse.com
Early Learning Academy ® is a comprehensive online curriculum and the #1 digital learning product for young children. To-date, more than 30 million children worldwide have completed over 8 billion Learning Activities on ABCmouse. We recently launched Adventure Academy, the first massively multiplayer online (MMO) game designed specifically to help elementary- and middle-school-aged children learn. It features thousands of engaging Learning Activities—including minigames, books, original animated and live action series, and more—in a fun and safe virtual world. Other Age of Learning programs include immersive English language learning products for children in China and Japan; ReadingIQ, a digital library and literacy platform; and a groundbreaking personalized, adaptive digital learning system that individualizes math instruction for every child through AI-driven technology.
We are committed to helping all children succeed. We provide our educational programs at no cost to teachers, Head Start programs, public libraries, and other community organizations, and have served millions of children through these initiatives. We recently established the Age of Learning Foundation to expand this work globally.
As we expand our global reach and increase the educational impact of our programs, we’re looking for passionate, ambitious, and collaborative leaders to become a part of our growing team.
Age of Learning’s Curriculum Team is the driving force behind the student-facing content in all of the company’s educational products, including ABCmouse.com
and Adventure Academy. This team sets the curriculum specifications for the engaging learning activities of the quality that has made ABCmouse.com
the top-ranking educational app in the U.S.
Project Managers in the Curriculum department plan, monitor, and report on the department’s projects, serving as the bridge between the team members tasked with the execution of the project, collaborators from other departments, and management. They ensure that the parameters for each project are sound, clearly defined, and understood by all stakeholders. They develop workflows and schedules that align with production requirements, evaluate risks during the project, and make recommendations for mitigating those risks.
The ideal candidate is a proactive problem-solver with a deep understanding of the tools, techniques, and best practices for effective project management, including but not limited to agile and waterfall projects. He or she has a commitment to excellence, attention to detail, and exceptional communication skills. This person thrives within a fast-paced, ever-changing work environment and is comfortable making decisions amid ambiguous inputs. The position reports to the Director of Curriculum Operations.
- Help define and document projects’ scope, goals, and deliverables, ensuring feasibility.
- Create schedules and timelines for each project.
- Develop detailed project plans to track progress.
- Coordinate internal and external resource availability and allocation.
- Measure project performance using appropriate metrics, tools, and techniques.
- Evaluate risks to projects and coordinate efforts to mitigate them.
- Implement and manage change when necessary to meet project requirements.
- Monitor and report on project progress.
- Bachelor’s degree or comparable work experience (required)
- Project management certification (PMP) preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in project management using waterfall methodology
- Theoretical and practical knowledge of project management process, workflows, and terminology
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Advanced time management and analytical skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and project management software tools (i.e., smartsheet, JIRA, Trello, Confluence, etc.)
- Embody our core competencies being:
- Results Driven & Initiative
- Focuses on results and desired outcomes. Sets and achieves challenging goals. Gets the job done.
- Proactive and takes initiative. Identifies and acts to implement efficiencies.
- Assertive problem solver with an ability to prevent issues from reoccurring.
- Team player who asks questions and understands how each role group is connected to the larger system.
- Flexible and adaptable. Able and willing to shift tasks and quickly adapt to changing needs/priorities.
- Comfortable communicating in a variety of formats, and to a variety of audiences, in a concise and articulate manner.
- Passionate about their work and takes the company mission to heart.
- Maintains a positive attitude even during stressful times. Good-natured with a sense of humor.
- Loyal, honest, and dependable. Takes ownership and pride in their work.
- Strategic Thinking
- "Big Picture" Thinking. Strategic and great critical thinker.
- Adapts strategy to changing conditions to achieve goals.
- Meticulous. Thoughtful and accurate in analysis and actions.
Age of Learning currently provides:
• 90% - 100% of health and welfare benefit premiums
• A 401(k) program with employer match
• 15 paid vacation days plus 11 observed national paid holidays
• Team bonding events and a highly collaborative environment
• Commitment to Equal Opportunity Employment in addition to an inclusive and supportive company culture
• Access to our internal DEI Task Force that focuses on ensuring our products represent all children on a global scale
• Opportunities for professional growth through professional learning and development programs
• A temporary 100% remote work environment, due to COVID restrictions, to help ensure the safety of our employees
• Monthly internet stipend provided due to temporary remote work environment