Culture & Office Manager
26 days ago
Founded in 2007, Lumos Labs is the leader in brain training. Over 100 million users have used our Lumosity application to train their cognitive skills, playing our games over 7 billion times. We support trailblazing cognitive research and there have been over 65 peer-reviewed publications in academic journals using Lumosity games, assessments or data. We are building one of the premier digital health brands and are looking for talented, mission-oriented people to join us on the journey. Lumos Labs is located in San Francisco, CA with remote colleagues country- and world-wide.
We’re looking for an excited and driven culture ambassador to enhance our team cohesion and engagement. You’ll be the go-to person for anything office culture-related, helping ensure our newly hybrid office (of Bay Area-based and remote employees) runs smoothly and merrily. The ideal candidate has a passion for supporting others and cares deeply about fostering an inclusive work environment that allows all employees to bring their best selves to work. This role is a fantastic opportunity for someone who wants to gain insight into the consumer tech industry while also directly impacting company culture.
- Highly emotionally intelligent -- strong interpersonal skills with the ability to listen and empathize with others and anticipate, respond, and pivot to the needs of the employees and business
- Proactive and passionate about the employee experience
- A clear and effective communicator in both written and oral formats
- Exceptionally organized, detail-oriented, and self-directed
- Able to connect, engage, and collaborate effectively with your team, business stakeholders, and external vendors
- Deadline-focused, organized, and capable of juggling multiple projects
- An optimistic and pragmatic problem solver with a can-do, roll-up-your-sleeves spirit
- Eager to learn and grow your career with a dynamic People team
- Culture & Events:
- Design and organize virtual engagement activities, inspiring team offsites, care packages, employee celebrations, and community-building events that bring our globally represented team together virtually and/or physically
- Identify new ways to bring together a freshly hybrid team that reinforce company culture and are designed to enrich wellbeing, morale, and team commitment
- Continuously and organically facilitate engagement and positivity in Slack, on Zoom, and in other communication channels where our hybrid teams “live”
- Schedule weekly demo days and all-hands, quarterly retrospectives, and annual all-company retreats
- People Operations:
- Onboard new employees to the Lumos culture (ensuring a seamless cultural onboarding experience)
- Assist our Recruiter in posting roles and scheduling interviews
- Support other people programs such as communications, diversity and inclusion, learning & development, and employee recognition
- Office Management:
- Assist the People and Finance teams in an office move and redesign
- Book travel arrangements for out-of-state employees visiting HQ and other work-related travel
- Oversee general office communications and announcements, owning the office events calendar
- Order and maintaining inventory of kitchen, office, and facilities supplies
- Liaise with facility management vendors, including cleaning, catering, and security services
- The excitement and fun of the early-stage startup paired with the maturity and stability of a later-stage business with substantial revenue and company infrastructure.
- Competitive compensation, including salary and benefits on-par with later-stage companies, and equity compensation on-par with earlier-stage ones.
- An egoless environment that fosters collaboration of all types. We have a culture of ownership, trust, camaraderie, and fun.
- A focus on sustainability -- in our products, our business, and for our employees.
- A culture that values coming together and sharing our varied interests to illuminate new and inspiring ideas, all with a focus on helping our users make meaningful improvements in their lives.
- The opportunity to learn, grow, and bond with a tight community of coworkers based in SF, and with teammates around the world (OR, WA, NJ, SD, OH, MD, CT, IL, NV, Germany, Brazil, Serbia, Ukraine, India).
- Competitive benefits (options for individual and/or domestic partner/family medical, dental and vision plans, EAP, FSA, commuter benefits, parental and other leaves, One Medical membership and much more!)
- A collaborative culture where growth from within is encouraged.
- Continuous learning budget for conferences, professional and skill development.
- Flexible time off to rest, reset, and recharge.
- Monthly wellness, internet, and cell phone reimbursements.
- Fun social events such as board game nights, work anniversary celebrations, weekly happy hours, and quarterly company-wide events.
- Team lunches and off-sites (past excursions include creative retreats, cooking classes, escape rooms, and terrarium building).
- Regular creative learning sessions, skill shares, forums, guest speakers, and workshops.
- We recognize family is important -- we host Bring Your Child to Work Day annually as well as other kid-friendly off-site events.
- We empower employees to give back to our community -- our DEI team facilitates this through activities and initiatives year-round.
Lumos Labs values diversity and recognizes that employees from a broad range of perspectives improve both the practice of science and the brain training experience for everyone. We are committed to inclusion, diversifying tech, and advocating for diversity in our employees, their experiences, and the people we serve.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.