4 days ago
We are ArenaNet—we’ve created a studio that makes online worlds infused with innovation, hand-crafted excellence, and creative passion. We're not the only ones who share this passion; gamers made Guild Wars 2 the fastest selling MMO game in the West with more than 3 million copies sold in its first 9 months, and players and press have consistently called it one of the best MMOs of all time.
We are seeking a Creature Artist who will work with a passionate team to develop high quality 3d game assets. This position will work with gameplay designers, concept, animation, and other teams to create the compelling creatures that lend to new and interesting gameplay.
The ideal candidate will be well versed in anatomy, shape language and be able to develop designs that feel intrinsic to the game world from a gameplay prompt. In addition, the ideal candidate should be fun, energetic and passionate about creating creatures for AAA games.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Concept and develop creature designs for game design prompts
- Build high and low poly game assets
- Provide higher level game design ideas
- Build textures for final in-game assets
- Collaborate across team disciplines to ensure overall quality of creature assets
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL
- 2+ years of experience working in game development pipelines
- Exceptional foundation art skills
- Strong understanding of human and animal anatomy
- Strong understanding of material definition, with ability to texture and model a variety of materials
- Strong understanding of concept design and shape language to describe function and form
- Proficiency in Maya/Max, Photoshop, Zbrush and Substance Painter.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Positive attitude and the ability to collaborate and communicate across team disciplines
- Understanding of technical aspects of creature and gameplay design
- Ability to take and give criticism in a constructive but direct manner
- Self-motivated and passionate towards continued education and the ability to share that knowledge with other team members
NICE TO HAVE
- Hard surface sculpting and modeling experience
- Skin weighting and working on various rigs
- Experience working with a live team
Please include links to your current portfolio when applying.
We are open to remote work in AZ, CA, CO, FL, GA, ID, IL, MA, MD, NC, NV, NY OR, TX, UT and WA or onsite/hybrid/flex at our office in Bellevue, WA.
The salary range for this position in is $70,000 - $100,000 per year, plus annual bonus potential. Please note that the salary shown is a general guideline only. We take into consideration the geography in which you live and your experience and qualifications when determining final salary. This role is also eligible for medical, dental, vision and life insurance, short and long term disability, 401(k), flexible and dependent care spending accounts, PTO, paid holidays and parental leave.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.