Creative Team Engineering Intern - Fortnite
13 days ago
WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
Epic Games Fortnite Creative Engineering team is looking for a smart, creative Web Engineering Intern to join them in 2023. Our Interns are given challenging projects over the work term, and are provided with a meaningful experience with high expectations for performance. If you want to build something Epic, this is the opportunity for you!
As part of the Fortnite Creative Team, you’ll be working with a cross-functional group to build a world class content creation ecosystem, including an exciting new project that changes how experiences are built and delivered in Fortnite. You’ll work across the stack to develop responsive, user-centric web experiences for Fortnite Creators. Most importantly you’ll work with an ambitious, energetic and fun team to continue making Fortnite one of the most popular and engaging gaming experiences in the world!
In This Role You Will:
- Develop web experiences for Fortnite Creators that allows them to publish and manage content in Fortnite, create a public presence and engage their audience and to learn and grow as a Creator.
- Work in a microservices environment that connects services across the Fortnite and Epic Games ecosystem
- Explore progressive web techniques including a modern, micro-frontend architecture
- Contribute to developer tooling and best practices that support working in a dynamic environment and operating at a massive scale
- Actively participate in daily meetings and team rituals as we build a roadmap and execute projects
What We’re Looking For:
- Experience delivering innovative web projects and leveraging modern web development best practices
- Passion for building and maintaining consumer-facing web applications that are secure, scalable, and highly available
- Experience with front-end frameworks like React and api development in Node.js
- Familiarity with cloud technologies, preferably AWS cloud services
- Understanding of NoSQL databases
This is an internship for 2023 with a flexible start date. Recruitment will be ongoing until teams find an ideal match. For more information about Epic’s Early Career Program, visit Epicgames.com/students .
This is going to be Epic!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.