Creative Production Manager
Wizards of the Coast
Renton, Washington, United States
13 days ago
For decades, Wizards of the Coast has connected people around the world through play and imagination, with core games that have defined their genres - Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons®. We want to offer more ways to connect and play as the company grows. And that’s where you come in.
The Creative Production Manager leads a group of production artists on all aspects of graphic production, from initial project scheduling to file delivery. The final output for this group runs across multiple WOTC brands — Magic, D&D, and more — with a primary focus on Magic card production.
This individual will lead a large team of dedicated production artists, and ensure files deliver on time and on quality. This role is key in the content pipeline for our brands – if you are passionate about leading the team charged with ensuring our gorgeous and engaging content is built in accordance with exacting specifications, please consider applying today!
What You'll Do
- Be the "on the floor" leader for the production art group of a game studio, using your excellent people skills combined with a tenacious spirit for timely, super accurate, and high-volume delivery
- Drive innovation within a technically advanced print production workflow (heavy scripting/XML/automation)
- Speak the language of Print Production with our vendors and Print Operations peers
- Balance tons of moving pieces on very tight, concurrent timelines using capacity planning for your staff and vendors
- Collaborate with producers to build, revise, and maintain production schedules, as assigned, for daily standups and weekly production status meetings.
- Iterate and improve upon current workflows; Build new workflows when required for new products and experiences.
- Engage your team in weekly one-on-ones; provide mentorship and feedback; craft and monitor individual development plans encouraging growth
- Develop rigor around file naming, taxonomies, metadata, storage, retrieval, and distribution of file assets for the studio.
- Work with Creative Director to ensure we have an optimized structure and awesome people for future challenges and opportunities
What You Bring
- 8+ years of technical graphics leadership desired, preferably from Publishing or heavily-print Agency studio experience
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with ability to affectively collaborate with all professional levels;
- Detailed understanding and experience with content development, print production principles, and content reuse across print and digital channels;
- Adobe expertise directly related to the publishing workflow (InDesign/Photoshop/Illustrator, XML, scripting, GREP, prepress);
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, balancing the needs of multiple concurrent projects under tight deadlines;
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.