Creative Production Manager - Typesetting
6 days ago
At Wizards of the Coast, we connect people around the world through play and imagination. From our genre defining games like Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons® to our growing multiverse, we continue to innovate and build new ways to foster friendship and connection. That’s where you come in!
The Creative Production Manager leads a group of digital and technical artists on all aspects of graphic production, from initial project scheduling to file delivery. The primary output of this group is for Magic card production and packaging.
This individual will ensure files deliver on time and maintain a high level of quality and accuracy. Assigned projects could include mixture of both print products and digitally delivered content.
What you'll do:
- Demonstrates strong management skills for a large creative team, excellent people skills, combined with a tenacious spirit for on-time delivery
- Driven by working in a high volume, high-accuracy environment
- Thirsts for innovating within a technically advanced print production workflow (experience with scripting/XML/automation)
- Enjoys balancing the needs of multiple concurrent projects on tight schedules
- Lives for print, but is able to adapt workflows for digital needs
- Committed to advance planning in order to efficiently allocate full-time staff, contractors, and 3P partners where needed
- Easily translates sophisticated, overlapping development cycles into production sprints
- Naturally provides technical leadership with an eye towards design and accuracy
- Nimbly translates technical needs into to plain language for peers and leadership
- Speaks the language of Print Production with our vendors and Print Operations peers
What you'll bring:
- 8+ years of technical graphics leadership desired
- Deep understanding of typography and localization
- Ideal candidate will have Publishing or heavily-print Agency Studio leadership experience
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with ability to affectively collaborate with all professional levels
- Detailed understanding and experience with content development, print production principles, and content reuse across print and digital channels
- Adobe expertise directly related to the publishing workflow (InDesign/Photoshop/Illustrator, XML, scripting, GREP, prepress)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, balancing the needs of multiple concurrent projects on tight schedules
- Working knowledge of 3D rendering for product shots a plus
In the Wizards TCG Studio (Studio X), we believe diversity of experience is fundamental to creating accessible and fun gaming experiences for *all* of our players. We encourage everyone to consider being a part of our team.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you are selected to move forward in our application process and need to request an accommodation, please let your recruiter or coordinator know.